Is one better: Lite-on DH-20A4P vs. Samsung SH-203B

I’ve had the Samsung in my PC for the last couple of years and it’s been working “fine” but I just pulled the Lite-on out of a “ditched” PC and am curious if the Lite-on is known to perform better…or is the Lite-on “more hackable”…I’ve used Codeking’s firmware for the Sammy up to this point…

Sammy is SATA and the Lite-on is IDE…

Hi,

the Liteon is a good for DVD scanner, it might also be better with some DVD media. On the other side, the Samsung is the better CD writer.
The Liteon can be severely patched - you may really have a look into our Liteon burners section since there are tons of information about this drive and modification possibilities.

My advice would be to pair the Liteon to the Sammy, not to replace it.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2305633]Hi,

the Liteon is a good for DVD scanner, it might also be better with some DVD media. On the other side, the Samsung is the better CD writer.
The Liteon can be severely patched - you may really have a look into our Liteon burners section since there are tons of information about this drive and modification possibilities.

My advice would be to pair the Liteon to the Sammy, not to replace it.

Michael[/QUOTE]

And mixing a SATA drive with an IDE drive should not be a problem, right?

[QUOTE=pdawg17;2305770]And mixing a SATA drive with an IDE drive should not be a problem, right?[/QUOTE]No problem, unless your motherboard’s P-ATA controller has some compatibility issues.

Michael