Is Obama His Aunt's Keeper?

vbimport

Well, it looks like Obama has another relative living in the slums. The slums of Boston that is. According to AP she is in the USA illegally, was instructed to leave the USA around 2004 and she has illegally donated to his campaign. Now he mentions her in his memoirs so we can’t say he doesn’t know she exists. Here’s a link to the AP article: http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D945TEE01&show_article=1

So, is he living up to the high standards he preaches to the rest of us on the campaign trail? Inquiring minds (OK just MY mind for now) want to know your opinion.

Fox news now says it is his sister. He’s got a big family. What happens if his family is targeted by terrorists?

IMO, his behavior toward the family members on his Father’s side leads me to believe he won’t care much about what happens to them.

I tend to agree with that. It shows a lot. I also wonder how much he really cares about his supporters. Most were small donations and it makes me think that is what he will regard them as, small contributors.

I think the biggest problem he will face is his ego and the puppet masters that control him. If he strays too far from their plan they can destroy him as fast as they made him.

[QUOTE=UTR;2149854] Inquiring minds (OK just MY mind for now) want to know your opinion.[/QUOTE]

I think you should be commended for having an inquiring mind… Heaven knows that as we reach the twilight of our years our priorities often shift to other things like trying to remember why we got up to go to the kitchen and the need to constantly visit the bathroom.
I would also like your opinion on the lowly thermos (vacuum) bottle and it’s capabilities to keep things either warm or cold. How does it know?
But back to your original point. Exactly where is Waldo and what is his part in this? I’m positive that there is a connection here but I’m still not sure exactly what it is.
Hope this helps.

[QUOTE=Mr Grits;2150365]I think you should be commended for having an inquiring mind… Heaven knows that as we reach the twilight of our years our priorities often shift to other things like trying to remember why we got up to go to the kitchen and the need to constantly visit the bathroom.
I would also like your opinion on the lowly thermos (vacuum) bottle and it’s capabilities to keep things either warm or cold. How does it know?
But back to your original point. Exactly where is Waldo and what is his part in this? I’m positive that there is a connection here but I’m still not sure exactly what it is.
Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Start another thread for your inquiries. Don’t hijack mine. Either that or stay focused on the task at hand.

[QUOTE=UTR;2150376]Start another thread for your inquiries. Don’t hijack mine. Either that or stay focused on the task at hand.[/QUOTE]

Ain’t Hurtin’ Nobody
© John Prine

I'm a walkin' down the street like Lucky Larue
Got my hand in my pocket I'm thinkin' 'bout you
I ain't hurtin' nobody
I ain't hurtin' no one

There's three hundred men in the state of Tennessee
They're waiting to die, they won't never be free
I ain't hurtin' nobody
I ain't hurtin' no one

Six million seven hundred thousand and thirty-three lights on
You think someone could take the time to sit down
And listen to the words of my song

At the beach in Indiana I was nine years old
Heard Little Richard singing "Tutti Frutti"
From the top of a telephone pole
I wasn't hurtin' nobody
I wasn't hurtin' no one

There's roosters laying chickens and chickens layin' eggs
Farm machinery eating people's arms and legs
I wasn't hurtin' nobody
I wasn't hurtin' no one

Perfectly crafted popular hit songs never use the wrong rhyme
You'd think that waitress could get my order
Right the first time

She's sitting on the back steps just shucking that corn
That gal's been grinning since the day she was born
She ain't hurtin' nobody
She ain't hurtin' no one

I used to live in Chicago where the cold wind blows
I delivered more junk mail than the junkyard would hold
I wasn't hurtin' nobody
I wasn't hurtin' no one

You can fool some of the people part of the time
In a rock and roll song
Fifty million Elvis Presley fans
Can't be all wrong

I wasn't hurtin' nobody
I wasn't hurtin' no one

My aunt was a hard drinker. She had an evil bastard of a husband who abused her and her and children in every way possible. I held her hand for the 18 hours it took for her to die. She was my mothers sister. She was a hard edged woman but very kind. She had a bad hand of cards dealt to her. I remember when we all prayed for God to relieve her from the massive pain she had from a rotten liver. I remember when God relieved her pain, I remember wiping the coagulated blood from her mouth. I remember when she opened her eyes and asked , “Father forgive me.” I remember when her spirit left that room and all that was left was an empty shell. Her bastard coward husband killed himself, poetic justice Some things people write about because they care about them. I have come to believe this about UTR. Your off topic, go do something else instead of quoting irrelevant John Prine songs or just putting down someone you don’t agree with. You become part of the problem and offer nothing.

[QUOTE=Zathros;2150695]My aunt was a hard drinker. She had an evil bastard of a husband who abused her and her and children in every way possible. I held her hand for the 18 hours it took for her to die. She was my mothers sister. She was a hard edged woman but very kind. She had a bad hand of cards dealt to her. I remember when we all prayed for God to relieve her from the massive pain she had from a rotten liver. I remember when God relieved her pain, I remember wiping the coagulated blood from her mouth. I remember when she opened her eyes and asked , “Father forgive me.” I remember when her spirit left that room and all that was left was an empty shell. [/QUOTE] My condolences to you for the loss of your aunt.[QUOTE=Zathros;2150695]Some things people write about because they care about them. I have come to believe this about UTR. Your off topic, go do something else instead of quoting irrelevant John Prine songs or just putting down someone you don’t agree with. You become part of the problem and offer nothing.[/QUOTE]I support both your’s and UTR’s right to voice your opinion. I would like to think that you would also support mine, inane as they might be, even if I disagree.

Regarding off-topic posts:
As a long time lurker here, the Living Room’s history has been one of off-topic posts and hijacking threads, much like your flatulence post in the gas price thread. Unfortunate, but a fact. I believe therein lies it’s charm and some of the most amusing posts to date.

[QUOTE=Mr Grits;2150713]Regarding off-topic posts:
As a long time lurker here, the Living Room’s history has been one of off-topic posts and hijacking threads, much like your flatulence post in the gas price thread. Unfortunate, but a fact. I believe therein lies it’s charm and some of the most amusing posts to date.[/QUOTE]We insist on political threads staying on topic for obvious reasons.

[off topic]
And hiding behind an assumed name wont save you if you break the rules. :wink:

[QUOTE=Dee-27;2150728]We insist on political threads staying on topic for obvious reasons.[/QUOTE]
I understand your position and will respect it.

[QUOTE=Dee-27;2150728][off topic]
And hiding behind an assumed name wont save you if you break the rules. ;)[/QUOTE]

So you’re really not Dee and 27? Another fantasy crushed.:sad:

@Mr. Grits, I hold no grudges and do respect yours and all other opinions. I couldn’t help the fart joke though, sorry. (I have an 8 year child and that seems like all they talk about now, not that I ever did.:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Mr Grits;2150713]I support both your’s and UTR’s right to voice your opinion. I would like to think that you would also support mine, inane as they might be, even if I disagree.[/QUOTE]

I think we can all agree on this in general. My exception to your post and the reason for my response was the intent you put in it. That intent being I started a thread that had no worth to you so you belittled me for starting it. Maybe I got the wrong message regarding your intent.

[QUOTE=UTR;2150889]I think we can all agree on this in general. My exception to your post and the reason for my response was the intent you put in it. [/QUOTE]I’m in total agreement and apologize. I took the “ego and the puppet masters” comment to be an opening and it was obviously an error in judgement on my part. [QUOTE=UTR;2150889]That intent being I started a thread that had no worth to you so you belittled me for starting it. Maybe I got the wrong message regarding your intent.[/QUOTE]
No belittling intended. Somewhat warped sense of humor and another well deserved apology.
Only one more day.

I have made comments that were taken wrong too. Stuff happens. No matter who wins the Sun will continue to rise in the East and set in the West. Maybe another thread is in order to let everyone make a prediction on the outcome tomorrow?