Is Netscape ripping off people?

vbimport

I subscribed to NETSCAPE internet service using the link on his webpage that says “30 days risk free-Sign Up Now”. This suckers charged me the monthly fee the following day, and when I called to ask about that, I was told that the 30 days risk free promotion is given by Netscape in a “RANDOM BASIS”, that is, will only apply to SOME of the people signing up. When I call again to cancel my account because I felt ripped off, I was told again that it only applies to people who get a pop up window giving them the promotion.

This attitude is far from being from a serious company, so, if you are thinking on trying Netscape, think it twice because you don’t want to deal with a company that lures you with offers that are not honored.

By the way, I waited about 10 minutes to be able to get assistance to cancel my account.

Im sure there was somw real small fine print or a ** somewhere showing that there was more to it

Netscape still lives?
And the moral of the story is
always read the fine print

:iagree:

Nowhere in their web page says it will be on a “RANDOM BASIS”.

Just sit back and feel thankful it wasnt AOL

I used to have Netzero with their unlimited plan for $9.99 a month. They canceled my membership because apparently I was taking up too much of their bandwidth. Soon after getting DSL, I got a letter from them about a class action lawsuit regarding this very same thing. Serves them right!