Is nero verification good enough?

vbimport

i have a question in my mind that i want to ask for a long time .that after nero verify the dvd compilation and i got no error that means that it will run OK .is it 100% gurantee ?
since even though after successful verification ,i check my disk by copying whole dvd on hard disk and comparing the files with the original one by duplicate file software.
is this extra work is unneceassry ? if a succesfull nero verification gurantees that all the files are burned correctly then it would save me from doing this extra work ?
please reply .

[QUOTE=sujeet2555;2633538]i have a question in my mind that i want to ask for a long time .that after nero verify the dvd compilation and i got no error that means that it will run OK .is it 100% gurantee ?
since even though after successful verification ,i check my disk by copying whole dvd on hard disk and comparing the files with the original one by duplicate file software.
is this extra work is unneceassry ? if a succesfull nero verification gurantees that all the files are burned correctly then it would save me from doing this extra work ?
please reply .[/QUOTE]

Have you ever run into a scenario that made you question Nero’s verification?

I’m curious what kind of data are you burning? Movies, or archive of digital assets?

its my old habit that i don’t trust on a single one that says everything is OK.it just relieve the stress that my data is OK by manually copying . i burn pictures and videos taken from digital cam. also i keep burn then in multiple disks and upload online to keep them safe.
because i have encountered so much corruption problem in hard disks ,pen drives or memory cards.
its not specific to nero . even sometimes i burn any image with imgburn ,i check them manually.

Nero’s verification involves reading all the the files on the disc and comparing them byte-for-byte against the original.

Several years ago, I had a faulty DVD writer which intermittently flipped bits and Nero’s verification reported any affected files during the verification. If I recall right, when a file did not verify successfully, it showed the byte that was expected and the actual byte it read from the disc.

So as long as Nero verification passes, the data on the disc is fully readable, at least with that DVD writer.

[QUOTE=sujeet2555;2633554]its my old habit that i don’t trust on a single one that says everything is OK.it just relieve the stress that my data is OK by manually copying . i burn pictures and videos taken from digital cam. also i keep burn then in multiple disks and upload online to keep them safe.
because i have encountered so much corruption problem in hard disks ,pen drives or memory cards.
its not specific to nero . even sometimes i burn any image with imgburn ,i check them manually.[/QUOTE]

I can see this need on DVD’s I guess. I sort of thought this was where you were going with this. You might want to invest in a Blu-ray burner and archiving software. A high quality blu-ray drive performs whats called an “in-line verify” in addition to any software verification where if there is any issues it will fix the problem on the fly, even on a BD-R (write once) disc.

Anyway, digistor has a portable blu-ray burner and just released an archive software package called “rewind” that is easy to use and easy to keep the archive up to date, and they’re bundled together.

link to the drives: http://www.digistor.com/blu-ray-burners/Blu-ray-Burners?menu=products