Is Nero the best?

vbimport

Is Nero the best to burn with?
Also is there any freeware programs to burn with my friend is too cheap and to honest to buy or copy one.

I found Nero to be the reason I got C1/C2 (PI/PO) spikes on my burned discs, so I replaced it with Sonic RecordNow DX (shipped with my drive) till I find anything better…

hi QQuxa

try deepburner it’s easy to handle and it’s freeware:)

http://www.deepburner.com/

what about quality…? which burning engine does it use?

sorry QQuxa:) , I meant rdanz.
I don’t know the burning engine of deepburner.
They got no own?

Originally posted by QQuxa
I found Nero to be the reason I got C1/C2 (PI/PO) spikes on my burned discs, so I replaced it with Sonic RecordNow DX (shipped with my drive) till I find anything better…

I’m new to this can you explain what C1/C2 (P1/PO) spikes are?

hi rdanz,

take a look here perhaps this may help you http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75573:)

hmm, tried Deepburner… quality turned out ok - no spikes (only tried cd-r), but feature wise it’s really limited… for example I didnt find how to erase cd-rw… and the whole program is a bit messy… i don’t really need label printing, autorun is rarely needed aswell - I think author should better spend time making a good burning app…

Also Instant CD/DVD 8 with the latest patch works very good!

burnatonce
Simply the best! :bow:

Originally posted by solaris12
burnatonce
Simply the best! :bow:

Hi solaris. Good to see you here and yes, I agree that burnatonce is the best freeware burning app around. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by philamber

I agree that burnatonce is the best freeware burning app around. :slight_smile:
You sure 'bout that ? Well, then you’ve certainly missed [COLOR=blue]this one .[/COLOR] :wink:

I always used Nero and enjoyed the 5.x versions, but now it seems it’s spoony sometimes, though it works fine in general. The question is: does the burning app really have an influence in C1/C2 (PI/PO) errors (besides occasional bugs that one version may have)? If so, is Nero usually a bad performer in this aspect?

cya

PS: I also used burnatonce for a while one year ago, but I came back to Nero… I’ll try the dvd support in burnatonce via proDVD once I receive my key.

Well for example RecordNow almost never gives me spikes… while Nero almost allways does.

I guess it can have an effect on those errors - afterall it’s the app which fetches the data from your pc and feeds it to burner, so if it struggles…

@QQuxa

What version of Nero are you using. I have no problem with spikes at all, and I use Nero on a regular basis.

5.5.x.x-6.3.x.x - all the same prob…