Is nero the best?

I’ve been using nero all the time, but I tried alcohol 120 also and it seemed to be good. Which software is technically the best?

They do different things!

www.burnatonce.com

Originally posted by netman
www.burnatonce.com

burnatonce get my thumbs up as well! :bow: :bow:

Originally posted by FutureProof
They do different things!
yes yes :smiley: let me put it this way then: if I’m burning an image file, would you recommend nero or alcohol? or no difference?

and what’s up with that burnatonce thingie? is it supposed to be better than nero? heh

Originally posted by MrPolite
I’ve been using nero all the time, but I tried alcohol 120 also and it seemed to be good. Which software is technically the best?

I guess nero is good in everything except copying copy-protected cd’s. For that you could better use alcohol for it. So i would say… Use them both! :wink:

Different burning software has its own strenghts. New Nero has more codecs than I had ever seen and in my opinion finally beat out WinOnCD for doing video encoding/burning/VCD creating. CloneCD is best all around for protected games. Much of it is also hardware dependant as some people have better luck with clonecd, some with blindwrite, some with alcohol. The problem isn’t really which program is best, the problem is in your question, asking which program is best because is too broad and can’t be answered. Thats like me asking what operating system is best? Well duhh, for what? – for the common everyday user, for gaming, for security, for being responsible for handling millions of transactions daily (certainly would need unix for that now wouldnt we).

you follow?

Thank you, makes more sense:bigsmile:

btw you talked about video encoding… I tried to do that with a divx file ones (about 700mb) and it took nero 6 hours to encode it and I finally gave up and canceled it before it burned it to a CD. Is it supposed to take this long?

Encoding a full video takes a very long time. The time it needs for encoding depends on your configuration but 6 hours for 1 1/2 hour movie is normal.

Originally posted by theunbeatable
Encoding a full video takes a very long time. The time it needs for encoding depends on your configuration but 6 hours for 1 1/2 hour movie is normal.
heheh, I rather burn the divx file. Why do people encode it? to be able to play it on a vcd player?

What Nero can and can’t do in a nutshell. Add to it that Nero can read and write an install disc, for SecuROM versions to date, for ASUS, Plex and Toshiba; you of course, need a twinpeak, Blindwrite or Alchol backup to play.

About the encoding, not only Nero but actually all programs, even ones targeted at strictly encoding like TMPGEnc all take along time because its a frame by frame by frame process. Even today’s cpu power of 3ghz with an 800mhz FSB will take hours because some things are dependant on the algorithm and process itself rather than the power the CPU contributes. The 6hours isn’t bad, I had to wait as long as 9hrs before.