I think I am going crazy !
2 weeks ago, I bough a Sony DRU-810A. I only have a laptop, so the burner is in a NEXTAR 2 enclosure (firewire/usb). Everything was fine until I started to check the Data Verification box.
And here I realize that nothing was fine at all : I systematically have a “Sector XXX on disc has different content to source” error. However, the burning process itself is successful and I can read the DVD. It is only the verification that has an issue.
There are many posts and advices on the forum regarding this kind of problem so I tried to follow them.
I did some tests, I set the burning speed to 4x (which is the minimum on my burner), I updated the firmware, I used different DVD format (DVD-R memorex, DVD+R TDK, DVD+RW Sony)â€¦ and I always have the same error.
Finally, I tried to create an nrg image from the files that are on my hard drive, and to burn the image. And, Surprise ! The verification is successful. I did the same test with a ISO image => verification failure. I re tried with a nrg image => verification successful.
I precise that during all these tests :
- I was burning from the same hard drive
- I was burning the same data
- the DVD was readable even if the verification was not successful.
Then I started to have a doubt so I thought that it would be a good idea to do a checksum to compare files on my disk and files on the DVD.
- On the DVD with the verification failure => 10 avi files, 2 with a different checksums compared to the files on my hard drive
- On the DVD with the successful verification => 10 avi files, 3 (not the same) with a different checksum :a :a :a :a :a :a
So I would be very pleased if someone could tel me :
- If I am suppose to trust the result of this $^Ã¹@%Â§ verification
- How is it possible to burn successfully a nrg image and not the iso image ?
- How come is it possible to have different checksums, especially when Nero says that the verification is successful?
- Why is Nero considering that the DVD has been burned correctly if some data are corrupted ?
- What can I do to burn a DVD without having corrupted files ?
Thanks for your help !
By the way, here are the scans of the 2 DVD, verification faillure DVD first.