Is Nero 6 Modern Enough?

vbimport

I don’t understand about standards and burning protocols/formats – the styles data is applied to disks. I assume they change over time?

I’m using a version of Nero 6 that came with a burner I bought. I guess it’s about 4 years old? Is it as good as any for creating DVDs that are compatible with the most readers?

The standard used to write video DVDs is the same, so you can use also an old version to write files.

The only “issue” could be that some recent burners can be not correctly supported by older versions. I don’t know exactly details, but if your burner is recognized correctly and it is able to burn media, then you can use safely your nero 6 :slight_smile:

btw, if you are interested in a more updated (and free) alternative I suggest ImgBurn :slight_smile:

Hi,[QUOTE=i_am_jim;2098007]
I’m using a version of Nero 6 that came with a burner I bought. I guess it’s about 4 years old? Is it as good as any for creating DVDs that are compatible with the most readers?[/QUOTE]unless this Nero version does only work with the burner it came with, there shouldn’t be a problem if you stick with Windows XP. Also you should install latest updates for your Nero version in order to get rid of some bugs and issues.
If you intend to use MS Vista, you’ll have to switch to Nero 7 (or other software) since Nero 6 is not compatible with Vista.

Michael

Thanks for the replies

If you screw your computer up and install Vista, you’ll have to upgrade to Nero 7 or 8.

I haven’t had any problems burning DVD’s/CD’s using the latest nero 6 with a Samsung 22X SH-S223Q SATA DVD burner on an nForce4 based system w/ Win XP Home SP3.