Is my motherboard faulty?

vbimport

Hello,
i had problem since yesterday, my computer is windows xp desktop pc, which is old one of 10 years ago…
last month it got a problem of HDD crashed and i change the new hard drive… but since yesterday when i start the power button the cpu running but the monitor shows nothing… shows only “no signal”… so i thought monitor is good also check the cables etc all are good…and also try with another monitor but it also shows ‘no signal check your vga cable’ so i try to change the vga card which is connected externally in pci slot… but still dont get signal, the cpu fan running powersupply fan running, but if i connect speaker in the motherboard no sound… no response from mother board… whether it is problem with mother board?or something else?
help me please… i am frustating…
Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum.
It could be a motherboard problem, or CPU or even RAM, but most likely a supply rail from the PSU has gone down.
Do you have a spare power supply unit you could try?

[QUOTE=Dee;2747535]Welcome to the forum.
It could be a motherboard problem, or CPU or even RAM, but most likely a supply rail from the PSU has gone down.
Do you have a spare power supply unit you could try?[/QUOTE]

Yes dee, thank you for your reply,
i tried with another working PS the fan is running… HDD running but no display:sad:

If you have tried changing HDD, PSU, and video card, then most likely it’s your motherboard. There might be an internal circuit problem in the motherboard which is preventing the connections.

[QUOTE=Dashing star;2747533]Hello,
i had problem since yesterday, my computer is windows xp desktop pc, which is old one of 10 years ago… [/QUOTE]

Scrap it, its junk.

[QUOTE=malpuzx;2749484]i had this problem too[/QUOTE]

Sure…of course. :-Ö

I think this is mother board problem only. vga cable is damaged means it will show in display. once you have to check SMPS. if the cpu is getting power or not. after that you check RAM.

Check the mainboard battery, I had it once that a board wouldn’t start just because the battery was empty.

Have you thought about going into the bios to see what’s going on there? It should show you what the CPU, memory, and HHD’s are doing…I guess the first thing to ask, is what motherboard is it? We can start from there, and see what we can find out. Google is your friend…unless you can’t get to it.

[QUOTE=Ross56;2764478]Have you thought about going into the bios to see what’s going on there? It should show you what the CPU, memory, and HHD’s are doing…I guess the first thing to ask, is what motherboard is it? We can start from there, and see what we can find out. Google is your friend…unless you can’t get to it.[/QUOTE]

Seems like a good advice, when all is checked, card (preferably AMD and Nvidia), cable and screen, there is one possibillity left, MB’ and that could potentially turn up in BIOS. :iagree:
What is true imm only, not usual from what I have seen :flower:
Such faults does not make it to the BIOS. In ‘example execution’ it should. Now BIOS is ‘example of raw execution only’ and so unless reported back, to an aware BIOS, would be unaware of any flaws present in the circuit.

The last test should be, in all due respect, to resignate and try a new motherboard, that is, unless a miracle is in the making :stuck_out_tongue: