Is my Lite-On DH16AYH-Y13 good for Xbox 360 Backups?

vbimport

So I bought some Verbatim DVD+R DL’s to make Xbox 360 backups with, and low and behold, they are MKM003 (8x version) and my BenQ DW1620 apparently doesn’t work with MKM003’s only MKM001’s (one wasted disc out of my 5 pack, blahhh)… Well the other drive in my desktop is a Lite-On DH16AYH-Y13 and it is also a dual layer burner but I’ve never tried to create a backup with it and I’d like to avoid wasting anymore DVD’s if I could… So is there any FW update I need to do or something I should check before using ImgBurn and getting another write error…?? Thanks in advance…

Is it a DH16AYH, or DH16YAH?

DH16AYH* oops…

Fixed it. :wink:

The DH16AYH is likely a rebadged Optiarc AD-724xS (related series: LiteOn iHASx24 Y drives). The 7240 and all related models are usually pretty good with DVD+R DL burns on MKM 003. You shouldn’t have much of a problem unless the Xbox absolutely rejects your backup (but, then, you seem to be well informed on that process :iagree:).

[QUOTE=Albert;2660643]Fixed it. :wink:

The DH16AYH is likely a rebadged Optiarc AD-724xS (related series: LiteOn iHASx24 Y drives). The 7240 and all related models are usually pretty good with DVD+R DL burns on MKM 003. You shouldn’t have much of a problem unless the Xbox absolutely rejects your backup (but, then, you seem to be well informed on that process :iagree:).[/QUOTE]

Just made an XGD2 backup on my DH16 drive, worked perfectly… Now the real test, an XGD3 backup…!! Hopefully this works, and if it fails @ least I know it’s not the discs because I just had a successful outcome on it…

Also, since my drive is similar to an iHas drive does that mean I could crossflash firmware to it from an ihas drive to make burning backups more fail/safe…??

–just a shot in the dark–

It likely wouldn’t be worth it to flash over to a full iHASx24 Y drive (or an Optiarc AD-724xS drive, as that would be the only other option), but if you’re adventurous, others have done the crossflash. A little searching might help to find out the proper procedure.

[QUOTE=Albert;2660685]It likely wouldn’t be worth it to flash over to a full iHASx24 Y drive (or an Optiarc AD-724xS drive, as that would be the only other option), but if you’re adventurous, others have done the crossflash. A little searching might help to find out the proper procedure.[/QUOTE]

You think the ixtreme site would be my best bet for info…?? I’m a member on quite a few forums, I just keep getting pointed in diff directions lol… Thanks for ur responses thus far…

Well, the thing is, there is nothing more you can do with the drive. The iXtreme folks seem to like the iHAS124 B, which is a different set of hardware entirely. They don’t have support for any other DVDRW drive, to the best of my knowledge.

So my best bet would be just seek one of those drives, essentially all the newer games are more XGD3 anyways so I suppose spending $25 for an item that will pay for itself later doesn’t seem that bad… Now if I could only find one…!! lol (started searching, seems a lot are version C and not Burner Max friendly)