Is my DVD recorder broken

Hi,

I have Pioneer DVR-216D DVD recorder that is few months old. Recently I noticed that sometimes it not wants to recognize inserted media (CD/DVD), but this not happens to often. More important part is that it seems like it’s performances are lower. E.g. it requires much more time to recognize inserted media, much more time to create DVD/CD image, and burning speed for DVDs can not go above 9X, even if I set 16X burning speed.

I made some comparison in DVD reading speed with my 5 years old Lite-On DVD reader SOHD167T.

In the attachments I put the results from Alcohol 120 when making DVD image from the same media with these two devices (lite-on sohd167t and pioneer dvr-216d).

First picture is for lite-on sohd167t (5 years old).
Second picture is for pioneer dvr-216d (few months old).

Is there something strange?
Is my Pioneer DVD burner broken?

Who told you such a illogical stuff??

About what?

Your “DVD recorder broken” theory.

But I don’t understand why DVD burner sometimes works perfect and sometimes don’t want to accept any media?

There can be a number of reasons why this is happening.
Are you using an 80 wire IDE cable? If not then fit one before doing anything else. Then ~ Start by setting the Pioneer as master and disconnect the old drive from the computer and try again. It is also possible that the drive does not like the media you are feeding it.

[QUOTE=unicode2CP;2303806]But I don’t understand why DVD burner sometimes works perfect and sometimes don’t want to accept any media?[/QUOTE]

No recorder accepts “any media”, it just wont work that way.