Is my drive really dead now?

vbimport

AFter buring a couple of cds with CG5g firmware, idecided to go back to the vs0b since my burns werent as good as those for the vs0b. after my first my burn i scanned it, and it was horrible too ugly to save the pic. So then i decided to go back to the CG5G but i restored my EEPRom, and when i scanned a burn with taht it was still horrible. i think my drive is busted. can someone confirm it for me.?

this looks terrible. reset learnt media and make a testburn. if it looks like this too, then go out and buy a new drive.

Yo-

I cannot ever remember seeing a scan that BAD!!

Hope that you can fix the drive - Bra

Mike

it’s brah

yo bigmike, cool avatar. Right now im just experimenting with stuff right now. hopefully ill get some good scans later today. i killed about 5 ricohjpnr01 discs so far. i wanan get good scans so badly crying

The good news is that a replacement 16X drive is now close to half of what you probably paid for the 812S.

haha thats true, i saw the 1653 or something for like 53$ , but is it really worth buying a liteon. are the new liteon drives consistant in quality. i just want something that will last long.

@jm88
benq dw1640 or nec nd-3540a. they are the at the moment, so choose one of them.
the liteon 1693s isn’t bad, but i wouldn’t buy it.

I would strongly recommend the NC 3520. It never needs scans. The burns are all top quality.

@chas0039
the 3540 is already released. should be better as it’s newer.

in germany the prices are €55 for the 3520 and €58 for the 3540.

Hopefully i got my drive back to normal now. I can only burn at 2.4x though to get decent burns. My drive seems to be a little awkward since it works better with the original liteon firmware. my first scan is t01 media burned at 2.4x with vs0g and the 2nd scan is a pressed disc. any suggestions on how i get better scans? i should be able to get better than waht i have, its t01 media after all.