Is my drive dead?

vbimport

my drive is a dru700@832 and i get burrn errors in EVERRY disc i try to burn…
i leave here the ims of kprobe & nero
I already tried to update firmware with mtkflash dos version 1.80.1, 1.80 and 1.83.
can anybody help me plz? :bow:

You don’t need to use MTKFlash. That’s just for misflashed drives that cannot be detected by Windows. :wink: Just use the windows flasher versions on my site.

Here’s what I suggest:
1/ First of all tell us a bit about your system and how the drive is connected. Post a Nero Infotool report (as an attachment) with all report options enabled.
2/ Get yourself a good quality 4x DVD+RW disc (Verbatim, Philips, Sony…)
3/ Get the [thread=112103]EEPROM Utility v2[/thread]. Backup you EEPROM and then do a “Reset Learn”.
4/ Use Nero CD-DVD Speed create data disc to burn the +RW disc and if necessary to erase the disc. Then use the Nero CD-DVD Speed quality test to scan the disc for errors. Post the results.

See this thread for attaching scans and the correct picture format to use:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=119042

My drive is set do secondary master(theres no slave in secondary ide).
Here is the info tool printscreen.

Doing the test in a dvd-rw right now with the new firmware…

4/ Use Nero CD-DVD Speed create data disc to burn the +RW disc and if necessary to erase the disc. Then use the Nero CD-DVD Speed quality test to scan the disc for errors. Post the results.

How can i create a data disc with nero cd-dvd speed?

it givesme a error while erasing the disc… “Error updating PMA”

--------------------EDIT---------------------
nice burn @ 4x…but unrecover read error while verifying…
burn error in 41 @ 8x… Before the error the dvd starts to spin in the drive…(i can tel this because it sounds like that…)

when looking to the backside of the dvd looks like the drive skiped some tracks because theres as empty space without data in the recorded surface…

Here is the picture of the dvd that had a bad burn @ 8x and the area that it skipped…
I hope that u could help me…

Possibly a language conversion is a problem here. Please read the instructions again and follow them to the letter. The Nero Infotool report is a text report of you system and it is saved by clicking the diskette button beside the drive list. Instruction 2 said to use a 4x DVD+RW. Instruction 3 said to reset the EEPROM learn; did you do this. Instruction 4 said to do a Nero quality test. You did not read the thread link in my post, as your Nero scan attachment is still in JPEG format and not PNG format.

Create data disc is the last option in the Run Test menu. The quality test is the 4th option in the Extra menu.

I don’t like the look of all those extra little dips in the burn scan. This indicates buffer underruns. Is your system busy doing something else during the burn? Is your system very slow (what CPU)?

Erase error! Was this using CG5G and the Erase Disc option in Nero CD-DVD Speed?

Yes the erasing was using CG5G and Nero.
My system is fine cause i can burn well in my nec.
I save in jpeg cause i thought that the size was smaler.
I already had reseted the eeprom;i’m usiong a dvd-rw cause its the only rw i own.
In attach is the nero info tool txt…
In nero cd-dvd tool givesme error 030C00 with the blank dvd-rw, but today i’ll buy 1 dvd+rw and do the test