Is my 115D toast?

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Pioneer DVR-115D / DVR-1910. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi folks, my 115D* just started producing coasters after burning 200-300 discs. Specifically the burn process fails at the end when it trys to close the disc. This happened twice in a row while using Nero 6.6.1.15 to burn Verb 16X DVD+Rs. Anyone seen this before? Is my drive dead?

• Cross flashed to 115L

Anything is possible but I doubt the drive is dying so soon.
What speed are you burning?
If 16X try burning at 12X.
Also if you have imgburn try it . If not download it and try to see if it works for you. It is a free program .

This would tell you if it is Nero causing the problem or maybe your burn speed.

It would help to have more information if the above does not help.

Forgot to ask what is the code of the verbs you are using. Verbs are now made by at least 3 different plants in three countrys and only one of them produces good disk.

Just the ones made in India are a little in doubt but the ones made in Sing & Taiwan are ok

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2183346]Just the ones made in India are a little in doubt but the ones made in Sing & Taiwan are ok[/QUOTE]

Sorry Jimbo that is incorrect.
I picked up 400 verbs made in Taiwan that had the same code as the 200 I had made in
India . They were junk and I threw the last 50 in the trash without opening the package.

Out of the last 2000 verbs I purchased only the code MMC 004 are good.
The made in Taiwan Ro5 01 and India Ro5 001 are junk.

I have currently burned over 12000 verbs but will no longer use them.
g

Benhad, thanks for the reply. The media code of the Verb 16x DVD+Rs that failed is MCC 004. I only burn at 8x. BTW, Nero 6.6.1.15 has worked well in the past on the 115D so I suspect it is not Nero. But I will give ImgBurn a try.

RG
You are using the only verbs that are still good ones.
In thinking back a few years the only problems with failing to finilize was when usning Nero 66018 [?] or a program using the VSO burn engine.

Imgburn has always worked for me in many thousands of burns.
Good Luck.

[quote=Benhad;2183390]Sorry Jimbo that is incorrect.
I picked up 400 verbs made in Taiwan that had the same code as the 200 I had made in
India . They were junk and I threw the last 50 in the trash without opening the package.

Out of the last 2000 verbs I purchased only the code MMC 004 are good.
The made in Taiwan Ro5 01 and India Ro5 001 are junk.

I have currently burned over 12000 verbs but will no longer use them.
g[/quote] Well each to their own I guess as I never had any problems with them and BTW I just checked and the ones made in Taiwan have the media code MCC-004-00 at least in my batches