Is MCC03RG20 CMC-manufactured MCC?

vbimport

Just wondering…

The MID alone isn’t sufficient to find out the manufacturer. There are Prodisc MCC03RG20s as well, I have a spindle of those, and they don’t burn as well as the CMC made MCC03RG20s with my BenQ DW1650.

Check out this thread, there is detailed info on how to find out the manufacturer of Verbatim DVD media: click.

P.S.: Wrong forum.

Moved to the blank media root section.

@[B]jj_frapp[/B]: please read the sticky threads before creating new threads, thanks :slight_smile: - in this case it was clearly mentioned “read before posting”, if you had read this thread you would have found out that the blank media test forum is for test reports only.

I hope not, cuz I just bought a bunch of “16x certified” Verbatim DVD-R with that basic MID

I’m assuming you are the same user as ‘Boycott Linkyo’, creative usernames… :stuck_out_tongue:

You are hoping they aren’t CMC-made MCC? I guess you weren’t aware that CMC-made MCC is some of the best media you can buy?

CMC made 16X rated medias with MCC004 code(aka the Verbatim 16X DVD+R,MKM 16X DVD+R) is the best 16X rated media you can buy currently.Some have even claimed that it’s better than Taiyo Yuden’s quality which I find that it’s true as well.

A little OT, but IMO the best 16X DVD+R is MAXELL003. It’s just really hard to find!! :stuck_out_tongue:

But why pay a premium for it?I mean just because it’s made in Japan and rare doesn’t make it authentic at all.On average I’ve seen MCC004 medias coming out with less than 200 PIFs and even below 50 at times.It’s widely available,has wide compatibility with most 16X burners and reasonably priced.

CMC’s media quality has improved a lot these days.Even their CMC MAG DVD medias are quite good.

You’ll find that not everyone agrees that the lowest PIF counts are what makes the superior quality of a media. There are many other aspects! :wink:

This said, I do think that MCC004 is among the very best, and I also agree that recent CMC stuff is pretty good (though the brand it’s sold under can sometimes make a dramatic difference! :rolleyes: ).

I’d second all that.

But I’d point out that while CMC has gotten better, it’s still a far cry from a good YUDEN, MCC or MAXELL disc. It’s actually quite ironic, their plants can produce good media for other companies (MCC,TDK), but they seemingly have no problems pooping out subpar media under their own flag.

I would add that some of that UK CMC stuff out there is mighty fishy. Those Bulkpaq’s and other no-name brands. I often think CMC is being faked, but since legit CMC is so bad, it’s almost hard to tell. That would be one way to safely fly under the radar, yet still rake in the money.

Unscrupulous manufacturers make this harder than it needs to be. :Z

Where is CMC made MCC Media produced? How can I determine that before buying a new spindle? Is any made in taiwan MCC in fact CMC?

cu,

Jackie

MIT MCC can be made either by CMC or Prodisk
i think there is a discussion about octogon spacer being CMC

There’s an old thread regarding how you can spot the difference between CMC and Prodisc made Verbatims.

This post in the above thread tells you how to see the difference on the packaging by looking at the fonts. I don’t know if this method still works, but the use of serif fonts for Open/Close is true for the last of my CMC-made Verbatim MCC 03RG20 (bought last year).

Let’s see over here in East Asia, the Mitsubishi Kagaku Media brand is more widely marketed compared to Verbatim.

The MCC004 medias that I’m using isn’t from Verbatim but are under the Mitsubishi Uki Uki brand as well as the plain Mitsubishi Dyn Azo ones.They are made by CMC with codes on the inner ring starting with PAP…
I’ve seen some of you guys who posted PAH… which was linked to CMC so PAP… must be a newer batch.The box reads Made in Taiwan.In terms of protective lacquer quality, they are just as good as the Verbatim DataLifePlus.
lordsmurf:

But I’d point out that while CMC has gotten better, it’s still a far cry from a good YUDEN, MCC or MAXELL disc. It’s actually quite ironic, their plants can produce good media for other companies (MCC,TDK), but they seemingly have no problems pooping out subpar media under their own flag.

With jitter values below 10 and PIF values below 50 I have not seen a TY T03 or a TYG03 result which is considerably better than these CMC made MCC004 that is selling like hot cakes over in Japan.So what makes them inferior to the Yudens and Maxells?The price?

They are also packed in very nice casings.

Here are some pictures of how they look like:

Courtesy of [B]Newegg China[/B]

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/akiba/hotline/20041030/image/kdvdpr1.jpg
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/akiba/hotline/20041030/image/kdvdpr2.jpg
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/akiba/hotline/20041030/image/kdvdpr4.jpg

He was speaking of CMC media codes, not CMC-made MCC.

• PAH is for CMC made 8x DVD+R discs, including MCC003, not MCC004.
  • MAH is for CMC made 8x DVD-R discs, including MCC02RG20 and TTG02.

Don’t have enough 16x CMC made media to get a full picture yet, but so far CMC made 16x DVD-R discs seem to have a serial number starting with MOP.

Looks you got CMC with TDK code then.

Incase of MCC 16x CMC it is MAP for DVD-R or PAP for DVD+R

Yup, I got the numbers off some TTH02 discs. So for 16x discs, CMC uses slightly different serial numbers for different brands of discs. Noting this down for further reference. Thanks!

For you in completeness.More stuff for your notations.

TTH02 = MOP
PHILIPC16 =MFP
CMC MAG. AM3=MTP

CMC MAG-M01-000=PEP

Yes, I second that. Your success with CMC discs highly depends on the burner, but they have been selling lots of low-quality media to low-quality brands, just like MBI and Ritek do…

Fakes: Just look for the PAP/PAH/MOP codes, as suggested before. Now even faked Ritek (!) media has appeared because their QC has really slipped.