Is it true that enet own ukdvdr?

vbimport

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I have a question about enet distribution. I currently buy as trade customer form them. I have been looking for other suppliers and during my search I got chatting to an account manager for another supplier who said that enet own ukdvdr and this is why they can offer such low prices compared to the rest of us retailers.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Seeing the conrexx (traxdata) branded products on the site of ukdvdr I have my doubts.

I noticed that which is why I asked the question. Did seem a bit strange.

I am thinking of including Conrexx products on my site very soon. Any feedback or comparison on both Enet and Conrexx products would be appreciated. I would like to know what people prefer.

[QUOTE=siverweed;2077384]I noticed that which is why I asked the question. Did seem a bit strange.

I am thinking of including Conrexx products on my site very soon. Any feedback or comparison on both Enet and Conrexx products would be appreciated. I would like to know what people prefer.[/QUOTE]

I am sorry to tell you this, but most of cdfreaks does not like products of neither companies too much :p:p.

Maybe you will find this thread interesting… :
Whats this Conrexx and E-net thing all about then???

Well, it does look like they are as bad as each other!!:frowning: I currently sell the enet stuff but I guess there must be some good in getting supplied by both companies.

I suppose the next thing is to find out exactly what people want, is there an alternative. I know that enet have lied to me in the past by saying that they have not got stock of items that I know the very next day UKDVDR suddenly manage to get in stock. They always seem to give some crappy excuse and never give a direct response.:a

The products do seem popular (probably due to price) but I would welcome any feedback on what you guys would like to see in your “perfect” online store.

Maybe with your feedback I might be able to find the best suppliers for the sort of things people really want. Are there other suppliers that you know of for blank media (trade only of course).

I have been reading lots of threads about this issue and being quite new to the retail side of this, I never new this has been such a hot topic. Shocking!!

Even more shocking is the amount of people who seem to come from other forums just to promote one side or the other in this argument. This seems like abuse of the forum for personal gain. It’s for this reason that I don’t mention the name of my company in this because I think that this abuses the forum.

All that I hope is that anyone who replies to my question above gives me honest feedback as I aim to try to give my customers good service and great products. So far I have listened to my customers and got them what they would like at the best prices I can, but alot of people here know more than I do and I would appreciate their honest opinion of what they would buy.

[QUOTE=siverweed;2077483]but I would welcome any feedback on what you guys would like to see in your “perfect” online store.[/quote]A list made in this forum won’t help you much.
Here, you will get mainly nominations for the best media around, and only some of the less expensive media.
None of the budget media whatsoever (at least not from regular posters).
I think we really can’t tell you what people really want, as we are kinda… picky with media. :stuck_out_tongue:

My advice would be to check an online shop like SVP.co.uk, which is very popular both with picky, advanced users AND the more “average Joe” users. It offers considered as ‘prestige’ media (premium unbranded TY, Verbatim…), considered as good media (Verbatim, TDK, Sony…), considered as decent media (HP, Imation, Ricoh…), and budget media (E-net stuff) which gets conflicting opinions (LOL :bigsmile: ). I guess it’s the way to go… unless you want to open a shop dedicated to a definite customer profile.

I will tell you the single reason (well almost) for my using SVP for 75% of my media, they show the MID of the media, I dont care about the branding on the disk as much as the quality of the dye/build.

I do get my real branded verbatim from another place now because SVP have lumped MCC and TY codes into one number now. When I want MCC 004 that is all I want.

[QUOTE=siverweed;2077483]The products do seem popular (probably due to price) but I would welcome any feedback on what you guys would like to see in your “perfect” online store.[/QUOTE]

Verbatim DVD±R/RW, CD-R/RW, RAM, DL media, printable & lightscribe media
Panasonic DVD-R, DVD-RAM
TDK DVD±R, made in UAE
Maxell DVD±R (made in Japan), 5x, 12x DVD-RAM
Sony DVD+R, +RW
That’s DVD±R, CD-R
HP DVD±R

budget media:
Ricoh DVD±R, CD-R, DL media
Benq DVD±R, CD-R, lightscribe media
LG DVD±R, CD-R (as a budget media)
Princo 16x DVD-R :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you pepst. The info will be most useful in my search for good products.

Thank you all for your answers. I think catering for all would be better business sense. But I also think that from reading Lennynero’s response I will still have be careful about the type of dye rather than brand.

Good advice from Francksoy. I have been looking at SVP, UKDVDR, Big Maggot, Big Pockets and the like. They all seem to offer a little too much range for the average person. I will possibly offer a smaller but more refined range.

Thank you all for your answers once again.

[QUOTE=siverweed;2077739]Thank you pepst. The info will be most useful in my search for good products.[/QUOTE]

You are welcome :stuck_out_tongue:
I think that most of cdfreaks board members would be interested especially in Maxell 12x DVD-RAM, Maxell’s DVD made in Japan and That’s branded media.
Personally I would like to see also TDKs (only those made in UAE) and some exotic types and brands, e.g.BeAll 16X DVD-+R media, Eastgate’s media or 16x Princo DVD-Rs. :o

[QUOTE=siverweed;2077483]
The products do seem popular (probably due to price) but I would welcome any feedback on what you guys would like to see in your “perfect” online store.[/QUOTE]

The price is more than likely why the enet/Conrexx products are popular with your average (i.e., non-CDFreaks) user.

Lenny’s remark about showing the MID of the media is also a very good one, as many CDFreaks, including myself, would like to see this shown in more places.

I think any online store worth their salt will offer things that cater to both the casual burner, as well as the more discerning Freak. This is, I’d think, why SVP do such great business amongst folks here.

Pepst, I will see what I can do for you. Arachne MID info can be hard to get. Not because the suppliers can’t give you the info, but the dyes keep changing. I have been trying to do this on my site and ask the suppliers after every order to update me on the dyes used. There have been times when they have got it wrong and so have I in all honesty. I always offer refunds to my customers if they are bothered by wrong info, but it can be difficult if the manufacturer changes dye during mid-batch. Very frustrating for me and my customers!!!

This doesn’t stop me from trying though.

Re: The MID info. SVP manage OK with supplying this, but do state when or if the MID is likely or subject to change.

So it is possible to do :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=siverweed;2077744] I will still have be careful about the type of dye rather than brand.[/quote]The Mediacode is not a code for “the type of dye”. Please, as a reseller, don’t spread the myth like other online shops do. :bow:

About the brand vs. Mediacode thing, both are just as important as the other:

First there are lots of indications that different brands do buy different grades of a given disc model from a manufacturer, for example nobody knows exactly why but Verbatim-branded Taiyo Yuden is alsmot always inferior to unbranded Taiyo Yuden, TY branded by Plextor (in the past), Panasonic or under TY’s own brand That’s. Also, a lot of CMC or Ritek production can be notoriously crappy under cheap brands, and generally of much better quality under more reputable brands like TDK, Maxell or HP. This is a general thing, there are exceptions sometimes.

Second, you have all the fake Mediacodes under brands like Mirror, Mediarange etc… so going by Mediacode can be a very misleading way to choose media.
Checking the mediacode is more important in terms of burner/reader compatibility than in terms of absolute “quality”.

But if you want to please your picky customers, I think you really have to mention de mediacode, AND the country of origin whenever it’s possible. Make this info as accurate as possible (both may change on a regular basis for a given brand/model of discs!!!) and your picky customers will be grateful. :cool:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2077785]I think any online store worth their salt will offer things that cater to both the casual burner, as well as the more discerning Freak.[/quote]Yep :iagree:

This is, I’d think, why SVP do such great business amongst folks here.
Oooh, don’t you forget to mention the exceptional customer service…? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yup glup, I was kinda 4 posts late on a couple of things… :stuck_out_tongue: :rolleyes:

Well, being a small business, we pride ourselves onj customer service and going the extra mile to please customers. It is very helpful looking at the answers that you have all given to see exactly what customers want from a good supplyer. I have always felt that SVP are a good example of a good retailer because of the reviews that i have seen about them. I have also seen that UKDVDR are not so good as they seem to want your money but not want ot give you the service that should go with it.

I am determined not to make this mistake. They may be big, but that does not mean good. As i also sell computer components and other PC/Laptop bits, i want to apply all of the above to every aspect of the store so that I can do good by my customers.:iagree::smiley:

This is a very good way to get market info about the needs of potential customers in the future.

I will be implementing some of the suggestions into the site next week and hopefully sourcing new suppliers of quality media as we have mainly gone for budget stuff through enet.:Z