Is it true benq1620 has trouble writing to CDRW?

vbimport

is it true benq1620 has trouble writing to CDRW?
has anyone used CDRW with benq1620?
please tell us how it went? - the writing quality etc.

search is your friend…ever thought of doing a search in this forum…don’t be lazy! :rolleyes:

PLEXTOR 708A DVDRW
PIONEER 107D DVDRW
LITEON 811 DVDRW
BENQ 1620 DVDRW (2)
TOSHIBA (2)1612 DVD-ROM
PLEXTOR 48X24X48 CDRW
PENT 4 HT 3.00C, 800 FSB, PENT 4 2.40 533 FSB
ASUS MOBO’s P4P800SE (2)
1GB CRUCIAL PC3200 MEMORY, 1GB CRUCIAL PC2700
WESTERN DIGITAL 36GB RAPTOR HARD DRIVE
MAXTOR 200 GB HARD DRIVE
MAXTOR (2)250 GB HARD DRIVEs
MAXTOR 200 GB SATA HARD DRIVE
MAXTOR (2)120 GB HARD DRIVEs
MAXTOR 60 GB HARD DRIVE
ANTEC TRUE POWER 480 WATT POWER SUPPLY
ANTEC TRUE POWER 430 WATT POWER SUPPLY
ANTEC SLK2650 CASE, ANTEC SLK2600AMB CASE
CANOPUS ADVC-100 ANALOG TO DIGITAL CONVERTER
MAXTOR ATA -133 PCI CONTROLLER CARDS

Works fine for me!

Here a test using Sony DVD+RW made in Japan.

Nice burn but i think Jimmy wants to see CDRW’s

Come on rolling56 lighten-up, it was close. Just drop the “DV”, replace with “C”, remove the “+” and presto… You’ve got the scan. :wink: :wink:

Jimmy may have not noticed anyway. Lets edit our posts and leave the scan.

LOL - Regards

i use a cdwriter for cd …and a dvd burner for dvd…dun like to have a drive that does everything as i am a heavy user…:D:D

i have done nearly 60 burns ave on each of my 3 BenQs…and i can say i am a happy person…

When you have 11 drives…do you flip a coin to see which one gets the job? :bigsmile: Must be nice :wink: Very nice collection you have there eleewhm

flip a coin…naa…i burn on my favorite everytime…because i know i can count on it…BenQ it is…:D:D

well i have empty slots for more writers for yr 2005…guess which lucky brands will get it…:D:D

1625 and/or 1640?

You’ve gotta be having “too much fun” with all that hardware… :slight_smile:

I wonder what my 13 month old could do in that room…:slight_smile:

@Urshurak776 … i know what my 17 month old did…lol

Here’s a scan of a CD-RW :eek:
OOPS it was to large to fit. It must have had more info on it than I thought. :wink:

Very nice scan. What wonderful quality the BenQ DW1620 has when burning CD-RW media. I think I’ll buy 70 more DW1620 drives just for burning CD-RWs. LOL. :smiley:

I am using Verbatim DataLifePlus high speed CDRW’s that is made in Singapore. These CDRW’s burn fine in my old Plextor PX-W1210A and in my notebook’s Teac DW-224E and can be read just fine.

Now, my Benq DW1620 can erase and burn them just fine @ 10x. The thing is that only the Benq can read the CDRW. My Teac DW-224E and my brother’s LiteOn SOHC-5232K can’t read the CDRW burned by the Benq, they just see the CDRW as a blank. I erased the same disc in the Benq and burned the same data in the Teac. The same disc burned on the Teac can be read on all drives.

What is the reason for a CDRW burned with the Benq can only be read by the Benq? DVD-R’s and CDR’s burned with the Benq can be read on the LiteOn, Teac, and Benq.

Should I bring my Plextor out of retirement and use it to burn CDRW’s?

Several small issues with the CDRW.
Must erase/format a CDRW before writing it with the BenQ, otherwise. . .?

A non-BenQ issue is that one must use a compatible file system with CDRW.
It is possible to write any cdr file system onto a CDRW, but one must use a Rewritable-intended file system if the CDRW is to be recognized in other drives (as a CDRW). This can be a slight headache, but it is a recording software issue and does not relate to a specific optical drive. Closing the track/disc can also help ease compatibility issues.

I did a full erase with the Benq using Nero 6.6.0.6 and used Nero to burn an UBCD v3.2 ISO. I’ve erased and burned the same ISO on the same CDRW with the same results.

I always use CDRW’s for boot CD’s so I don’t have to waste CDR’s when a new version of the boot CD comes out.