Is it the Fuji Cd's or the Lite-On?

Today I picked up 100 Fuji 48X cdr’s at Best Buy, rebate, sale, etc, about $8.00 final cost.

I wanted to try Fuji since the reports here were good.

I have a LiteOn 4012 upgraded with vs08 so it’s a 4812w now.

I did a Nero DATA Disk creation @48x and it went well, ran Nero CD Quality check and it tested 100% error free. I was going to post the screen shot on the ongoing sticky here until I ran another test on the cd burn.

I removed the disk from the drive and later tested it again on the Lite On CDRW and got yellow errors with CD Quality check. So I tossed the same disk into my CDROM and no errors testing in that drive. Confusing.

Just wondering is it always like this or is my LITE On defective, or is it the Fuji media? Or maybe I am doing something wrong?

Smart-Burn reports:
This Disc is designed for CD-RW/COMBO Drive Only.
Disc Type, Material = CD-R, Cyanine
ATIP Lead-in = 97m 24s 01f
Norminal Capacity = 702.83MB (79m 59s 72f)
Disc Manufacturer maybe = Taiyoyuden,DX Dye
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 48X

sparx

You need to understand that what your are measuring is “read errors”. How a drive handles those sectors can vary widely from one to another. Some drives don’t report C2 errores either. It’s not unusual to get different readings each time you test a disc, even in the same drive. It’s also been noted that the LiteOn RW drives do not like to get hot, and if you have run more than 6-8 CD’s through the drive it may start showing more read errors. The speed that the disc is read at will also affect the test, slower is better if you want to see fewer errors. A drive is supposed to slow itself down if it has trouble reading a sector, and the LiteOns do this pretty well. For many of us here, the only acceptable error test is “0” errors and a full speed read session.
If you lower your burn speed to 40x, you will see far fewer errors, and the burn time will be much the same. Very few drives will burn error-free CDR’s at 48x every time, but the TY media is the most likely to accomplish this, and the results are very consistant.

Thanks RD-

More knowledge on the subject is what I am seeking and getting it here.

Thanks again
sparx