Is it possible ugrade drive pioneer 106 to pioneer 107?

I have read a tread over pioneer that someone upgrades the Pioneer 106 to pioneer 107(!)…please does anyone have any idea about this? thanks in advance!!

The only way I know is:

Run to the store and buy a DVR-107D, take out your DVR-106D, put in the DVR-107D. Successfully upgraded.

No I do not think it will ever be possible to convert a DVR-106D into a DVR-107D, due to hardware differences.

Thanks for the Advise!! i have a 107D …I have read a thread in the CDR-freak forum. That is why i was asking and confused! Anyway thanks for the advise to run to Shop!:smiley: bye

You can, but you have to send me both your 106 and 107. I will do it for you.

Oh, send your graphics card, ram and large HDD too.

11-02-2004 11:50 IP: Logged

hajj_3
New on Forum

hope someone can test red datawrite 4x dvd-r at 6x and 8x for datawrite version 1 and 2 discs, i would upgrade to pioneer 107 from 106 if the writer could do these discs at 8x!

how he upgrades the Pioneer 106?!?!?

Originally posted by dipu
[B]11-02-2004 11:50 IP: Logged

hajj_3
New on Forum

hope someone can test red datawrite 4x dvd-r at 6x and 8x for datawrite version 1 and 2 discs, i would upgrade to pioneer 107 from 106 if the writer could do these discs at 8x!

how he upgrades the Pioneer 106?!?!? [/B]

these discs use a princo dye so you can do them @ 8x
best sticking with 6x though when you burn them

11-02-2004 11:50 IP: Logged

hajj_3
New on Forum

how he upgrades the Pioneer 106?!?!?

He means he will buy a pioneer DVR-107 if the datawrite red discs works at 8x.

Can’t see how you misunderstood that…

LMAO…

DIPU,

If OC-freak tells you it can’t be done then he is correct. Trust me he knows because he tests every burner that has been out and that comes out in production.

Originally posted by MAXIMUS95GST
[B]LMAO…

DIPU,

If OC-freak tells you it can’t be done then he is correct. Trust me he knows because he tests every burner that has been out and that comes out in production. [/B]

I agree and I think OC-Freak is correct. I misunderstood the other thread. Thanks everyone…thread closed…lol