Is it possible to read MP3's burnt to a blank DVD on an old DVD player?

vbimport

Is it possible to read MP3’s burnt to a blank DVD on an old DVD player?

My DVD player is something like 5 years old so it won’t read MP3s when I burn them with Nero.

Does anybody have a solution?

Thanks!

[QUOTE=GoldLP;2071580]Is it possible to read MP3’s burnt to a blank DVD on an old DVD player?

My DVD player is something like 5 years old so it won’t read MP3s when I burn them with Nero.
Does anybody have a solution?
Thanks![/QUOTE]

Hi, does your player support a mp3 playing from a DVD media? And does it support mp3 format at all?

[QUOTE=pepst;2071583]Hi, does your player support a mp3 playing from a DVD media? And does it support mp3 format at all?[/QUOTE]

It supports the MP3 format, but I’m not sure about MP3 playing from DVD media. I tried burning a MP3 ‘Jukebox’ audio CD with Nero and it wouldn’t read the disc.

There must be a way to get past this though…

[QUOTE=GoldLP;2071587]It supports the MP3 format, but I’m not sure about MP3 playing from DVD media. I tried burning a MP3 ‘Jukebox’ audio CD with Nero and it wouldn’t read the disc.

There must be a way to get past this though…[/QUOTE]

Does your player read CD-Rs with mp3 files (burned as “Data disc” in Nero)?

If you are trying to do this on a stand alone settop DVD player then none of them will play MP3’s from a DVD disc.All settop DVD players have protection that prevents this.
You need to use a CD -R disc then the MP3’s on it will play fine on your DVD player.
Your computer DVD player should have no problem with a DVD that has MP3’s recorded on it as long as it will play that type DVD disc.

[quote=cholla;2071673]If you are trying to do this on a stand alone settop DVD player then none of them will play MP3’s from a DVD disc.All settop DVD players have protection that prevents this.
You need to use a CD -R disc then the MP3’s on it will play fine on your DVD player.
Your computer DVD player should have no problem with a DVD that has MP3’s recorded on it as long as it will play that type DVD disc.[/quote]
Not according to this…http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers?DVDname=&Search=Search&dvdmp3=1&dvdportable=&dvdchanger=&dvdtv=&chipset=&orderby=Name&hits=50&Submit2=Search

I own 3 Pioneer Players. All of them play mp3 DVD´s.

Just Try it on a DVD-RW. But not as Nero Jukebox :a.

…as a simply Data DVD!

So will a data DVD in Nero work like the one guy suggested? I will try it out with a DVD-RW and tell you if it works.

[QUOTE=GoldLP;2072080]So will a data DVD in Nero work like the one guy suggested? I will try it out with a DVD-RW and tell you if it works.[/QUOTE]

Yes if your DVD player can play mp3s from DVD media. :bigsmile:
Most of older DVD players cannot.

[QUOTE=pepst;2072084]Yes if your DVD player can play mp3s from DVD media. :bigsmile:
Most of older DVD players cannot.[/QUOTE]

Yep. My 4 year old Philips player will not play mp3s on DVD. It crashes, requiring a hard reset. Plays everything else I chuck at it, though :bigsmile:

My old Apex from 2001 will play MP3s from a DVD disc. But I’ll echo the others in this thread; don’t create a Nero Jukebox disc! Just do a standard data disc, as if you were just copying random files to disc.

If some do then mine don’t.Both are less than 2 years old one July 2006 the other August 2006.They both play .mp3’s done on a CD -R disc.So it’s not the .mp3 they won’t play.Only when it’s on a DVD disc.
Just so I get this correct .We are talking about an Audio only disc made from files copied (as a backup) from a commercial music CD (cda files) that have been compressed to .mp3 files then burned as a standard data disc to a DVD + or - R or RW disc ?