Is it possible to proccess .m2v directly?

vbimport

I was wondering if it is possible to process mpeg 2 video directly.
Without turning it to vobs in dvd structure.

If it is not currently possible can it be added to the wanted feature list? after all it’s the same video just not muxed…

Am I making any sense?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

If what you’re aiming for is the ability to reduce the size of the video stream in order to fit some DVD project of your own devising, then I can see why that would be more attractive than waiting until hell freezes over while the encoder re-runs.
But consider; DVD2One makes no changes to the audio, so there is nothing to stop you from authoring a complete DVD with overlarge files (ones that won’t fit onto a DVD5) and then passing them through DVD2One.

The net result would be exactly the same and more importantly the program wouldn’t need any new features and settings that would only serve to increase its complexity - something that none of us want, do we?:wink:

-Pete

Yep, that’s one way.

The other way is to run it through DVD20ne first, then demux and run through your authoring package, to add menus etc. and then output / burn.

I do this sometimes to produce quick multis, when the films are short. Works a treat with SpriceUp.

You are right those are possible ways…
The situation I’m coping with is a bit more complex since I don’t have the original vobs… my input is pure m2v files.

I can author and then run it through dvd2one but that isn’t effective since I lose a lot of time writing these Large files.

I do think that we shoudn’t make dvd2one complex, but adding maybe an expert setting mode or something of that sort could be a balanced solution between features and complexity?

What do you think?

Originally posted by zhokov
[B]…

I do think that we shoudn’t make dvd2one complex, but adding maybe an expert setting mode or something of that sort could be a balanced solution between features and complexity?

What do you think? [/B]

I think these ‘expert’ types of features if and/or when they are ever incorporated will take us well past the 1.x model of DVD2one so don’t hold your breath :wink:

JMP