Is it possible to have larger than floppy-size boot partition on the CD?

maybe its not correct title, im sorry if it isn’t.

I wonder if I can add NTFSPRO (3mb) to the boot partition of the CD. I’m getting “I’m exception error” and MS says to try loading it before mscdex.exe.

Right now I create bootable cd using older version of Nero, wich takes Win98 boot floppy to make CD bootable, and unless I load mscdex.exe I can’t access files on “regular” CD partition, where ntfsdos it currently reside.

how can make bootable CD such that I can load ntfsdos before mscdex.exe ?

thnx

Hi,[quote=flamey;2031882]
I wonder if I can add NTFSPRO (3mb) to the boot partition of the CD. I’m getting “I’m exception error” and MS says to try loading it before mscdex.exe. [/quote]This might also be due to wrong environment, read-only files etc.

Right now I create bootable cd using older version of Nero, wich takes Win98 boot floppy to make CD bootable, and unless I load mscdex.exe I can’t access files on “regular” CD partition, where ntfsdos it currently reside.
This is correct. Also, this boot option won’t help you as long as you stick with the “use boot floppy as boot file source”

how can make bootable CD such that I can load ntfsdos before mscdex.exe ?
There are also Boot Options like HDD emulation or “No Emulation”, but you can’t use a DOS floppy as source then. Additionally, these advanced options are not available in Nero Express.

Michael

EDIT: a bootable USB stick is no option for you?

thanks for the reply, mciahel.

no, no usb. the problem is that they don’t want ot change process, here. otherwise i’d give a try with Bart/WinPE. I’ll just have to convince them it [I]is[/I] broken and needs fixin’…