Is it possible to create a .cue from an existing .bin

vbimport

i went to make a backup of one of my CDs using CloneCD. it made a .bin and a .cue. since then, the CD has broken and i seem to have lost the .cue file, but i still have the .bin. does anyone know where i can find a program that will creat a .cue from an existing .bin?

This question is usually reserved for those that download a .bin file from somewhere and they do not get the .cue file at same time.
The .cue file should be in the same directory/folder as your .bin file.
How can you possibly lose one and not the other?

CloneCD does not make images in bin/cue format. Whilst you can have it generate a cue sheet so that the image can be burnt with software other than CloneCD, the format of CloneCD image files is .ccd/.img/.sub.

If you want to create a cue file for your bin file, simply use Cueator:

www.site.uottawa.ca/~glabr047/cueator.html

edit: I just realized that this reply might be a bit too late… oh well :o

There is also a nice little prog out there called MakeCue which is really neat I use it sometimes a really top prog that lets u make Cue sheets for just about any type of burning need.

Get it >>>HERE<<<

Originally posted by Joo
[B]If you want to create a cue file for your bin file, simply use Cueator:

www.site.uottawa.ca/~glabr047/cueator.html

edit: I just realized that this reply might be a bit too late… oh well :o [/B]

Just downloaded this and tried it but to be honest i dont like it as its Java Based and you need the Java Runtime files to use it. MakeCue works in normal Windows and is GUI based so is really easy and doesnt need any added tools to work.

ultra ISO.

I do belive will read any image. then you can save it as a que and bin file or a clone cd image. or a iso.

then burn it with what ever program you prefere to use that does the format.

ultra iso is a very good program.
it will only save the file as what you need . you have to use another program that will burn the image format, as you saved it as.

nero burns bins without a cue

Ch5Micky, I tried the software you mentioned but quite frankly I find Cueator to be much more appealing and user-friendly.

Plus, it being in JAVA shouldn’t be a problem because JVM is a necessity with all the JavaScripts and Applets on the net. And the new version has a windows .exe version…

Cueator is way easy to use, I recommend it to any one who needs a cue file to burn a bin file.

Is it possible to create a .cue from an existing .bin?
Answer: Sometimes.
Question: Why is it that I see this question asked over and over again with the same answers? If you created it with clone cd, then you can burn it with the files created with clone cd, or for that matter copy it again. One of the usual responses to this question is to burn it with the same program that you used to create the image. Philamber’s response is related to Black Diamond’s response. Many people download copyrighted images without the cue, then come here to ask how to burn their warez image. This is strictly forbidden on this forum. I sincerely apologize if I’m wrong. But this is meant for others who might ask the same question. All you have to do anyway is search!

Just mount the image in Deamon tools (good for instant testing and such). You can make a disc copy of a virtual DT drive to your CDRW/DVDRW drive…

Originally posted by Joo
Plus, it being in JAVA shouldn’t be a problem because JVM is a necessity with all the JavaScripts and Applets on the net.

//offtopic
javascript != java

sorry, pet peeve.

i find most .bin files can easily be renamed to the .iso extension and thus burned as one.

Or just rename it .iso and open it up in winimage (it usually works)

make sure you know the sector size, though, if the program does not autodetect it for you.