Is it possible to Clone a DVD?

vbimport

Hi all this is my first post on this forum!
I have been playing around with cd burners and the software for a while now. I now have access to a DVD rewriter :slight_smile: Is it possible to make a copy of a DVD that will play back on a standard DVD player?
Any input would be helpful. Thnx

You can make such backups, but there is no CloneDVD, neither will there be any. The reason has been stated several times: There is no RAW-reading or RAW-writing for DVDs, neither are there any subchannels.

Thanks for replying alex.
What software should I use to create such a backup? It is only of any real use to me if the backup will play back on a standard dvd player not a pc dvd rom drive.

ive found that dvdx is a pretty powerful little tool, though i have had trouble with audio/video sync. recently, i tried this websites guide out when making a backup of one of my dvds…and its great.

http://www.dvdripguides.com/dvdrip2a.html

good luck.

What I am trying to end up with is a 1:1 copy. I have used and have plenty divx rips but i want to try and make an exact copy and burn it onto a dvdr.

The in-depth discussion of this doesn’t make sense here in my opinion. www.doom9.org has plenty of guides on this topic, as well as many forums for the corresponding tools

The in-depth discussion of this doesn’t make sense here in my opinion. www.doom9.org has plenty of guides on this topic, as well as many forums for the corresponding tools

Ok, thanks. I will check this out. Hopefully I will find what I am looking for. :slight_smile:

I assume you want to backup your dvd-videos? In that case you need to know that most dvd-videos out on the market are dual-layer dvds which can hold 9.4 GB of data. Writeable dvds are single-layer and can only hold 4.7 GB of data. So a 1-1 copy will not work…

there is a rip tool that can make a kind of ISO files of dvd and split them to the size of a 4.7 gb dvd

have to look it up…don’t remember it’s name

there is a rip tool that can make a kind of ISO files of dvd and split them to the size of a 4.7 gb dvd

That sounds like a good tool :slight_smile: I will have to try and find that, thanks.

Hi Guys

Well im new at this but what i do to make EXACT 1:1 copies of MY dvds is …

1. Rip the WHOLE dvd to my HDD with DVDdecryptor ( Freeware )
  2. Reduce it`s size with DVD2one ( what ever size you start out with the end result is always 4.36 Gig )
  3. Burn to DVD-r with latest nero
  4. Watch my new copy in my standalone DVD 98% perfect with ALL extras and menus

Does me . Hope this helps

KEN

That is not a 1:1 copy, you used DVD2One so you either cut out features or reduced quality.

DVD5= 1:1 copy
DVD9=almost 1:1 copy :bigsmile:

look arround on the forum to find enough info to take off!
also www.doom9.org :bow: