Is it me or the FAQ answers that are useless?

vbimport

I tried to participate in a meaningful discussion on direct printing onto CDs/DVDS. But I can not, for the life of me, figure out how to insert an image into my post. I followed the advice within FAQs and did manage to upload my file. From that point on, I was lost.
After closing the Attachment Uploading Window, I returned to the thread I wished to post in but could not find a way to insert my image.
If I may comment on the Help Instructions, they are obscure. And that’s me being kind. When creating User Instructions on any subject, you MUST be able to put yourself into the mind of the person you are trying to help. It is all to easy to assume a certain level of knowledge that just isn’t there.

The problem I encountered was, specifically:

The help file says: “…you can click the arrow next to the ‘Attachment Icon and select it from the list.’” . I could not find an Attachment Icon nor its associated arrow.
Yes, I know, some of you are already shaking their heads and thinking I’m an idiot. Well, as an idiot, I still may be able to contribute to this forum…if I could figure out how to use the available tools.

Try the procedure described here.

Nope. Sorry, but that doesn’t address the difficulty I was having.

you are a member since 2003!

Your point being?

bobk1, when you click on “go advanced” next to “post quick reply” you will see a symbol of a paper clip in the header bar above the text block, click on it load your attachment, close the box submit your response.

[quote=bobk1;2073883]I followed the advice within FAQs and did manage to upload my file. From that point on, I was lost.
After closing the Attachment Uploading Window, I returned to the thread I wished to post in but could not find a way to insert my image.[/quote]From reading your post closely, it could be that you are assuming the images are added at a separate time to the text of the post. The easiest and most reliable way is to first write your response, and then [B][I]before[/I][/B] submitting it, attach the image as you have successfully done. Then when you do submit, it will appear at the same time as the text.

It is possible to add an orphaned image [B][I]after[/I][/B] you’ve submitted a text-only reply, but it’s a little more complicated and must be done within the timed editing period (approx 30 min).

[QUOTE=imkidd57;2076012]From reading your post closely, it could be that you are assuming the images are added at a separate time to the text of the post. The easiest and most reliable way is to first write your response, and then [B][I]before[/I][/B] submitting it, attach the image as you have successfully done. Then when you do submit, it will appear at the same time as the text.[/QUOTE]

Yup, that’s how I have always done it, and it works everytime.

Thanks, Jethro, I now see what I didn’t before. The tiny little paper clip.
May I thank those who attempted to assist me and scorn those who adopted an unhelpful attitude.

Thank you, Jethro
Thank you, immkid57
Thank you, Arachne
Thank you, Dragemester

The Alan Parsons Project - one of my all-time favourite artists/groups! :slight_smile:

One of mine too… and also as engineer/producer. :bow:

A couple of years ago he was on a BBC [I]‘Classic Albums’ [/I]program, demonstrating live how they mixed some of ‘Dark Side’.

What I failed to mention in my previous post-and it may not be obvious-is that this label is intended for printing on a silver faced printable CD. I’ve done a couple of others so, perhaps I could upload them if there’s any demand. They are:
Neil Diamond - Hot August Night
Neil Diamond - Home Before Dark

The most common use I envisage for this type of label is, typically, The Beatles albums.

If this post is now in the wrong section I apologise. Feel free to move it if appropriate.