Is it legal to watch TV online in Germany?

vbimport

Is it legal to watch what other people have uploaded since I’m not sharing it with others (technically not breaking the P2P law)? Or will I get a fine for that?

People tell me they updated the law in 2005 so that watchers get in trouble too, but I’ve been told other wise by some.

That depends on where you are in the world, laws are very different in Europe, Asia, America -> What sort of videos have they uploaded? Commercial videos, they possibly breaking the law (probably) … original non-copyrighted content, they’re breaking no laws (probably).

Maybe Deano/Mr_B can clarify laws in the EU.

I would assume that watching online tv from an official website (like watching the news on a website of ARD or something), it is legal.

[QUOTE=strawberriiiiiii;2596444]Is it legal to watch what other people have uploaded since I’m not sharing it with others (technically not breaking the P2P law)? Or will I get a fine for that?

People tell me they updated the law in 2005 so that watchers get in trouble too, but I’ve been told other wise by some.[/QUOTE]

As long as that upped stuff is not under copyright from SOMEONE, is it according to the actual german laws.

ELSE NOT!!

[QUOTE=strawberriiiiiii;2596444]Is it legal to watch what other people have uploaded since I’m not sharing it with others (technically not breaking the P2P law)? Or will I get a fine for that?

People tell me they updated the law in 2005 so that watchers get in trouble too, but I’ve been told other wise by some.[/QUOTE]

You don’t get fined for watching.:disagree: You might get a virus but you won’t get fined.:wink: