Is it impossible to unlock ripping AND do bitsetting? Why?

vbimport

Is it impossible (in a single Firmware) to unlock high-speed ripping of DVDs AND do bitsetting of DVD+Rs to appear as DVD-ROMs? – If so, why?

It seems strange that you cannot do both in one firmware…

AND as long as I’m at it, also Set the region code to 0 at the same time?

No one has done a hacked firmware yet for the 109 series…

But it is possible? Yes? Bitsetting, Ripping and Region all together? There’s no physical reason why you can’t do all three? Just a matter of writing the code, eh?

Yes it’s possible, but by someone much more talented than I. Nil (and others) was the master at pioneer firmware but has since retired. We can only wait.

It is not eh? it is big EH? :slight_smile:
You said it, writing the code.
And from where you have the specifications? the details? The compiler/assembler?
Most work on unofficial firmware is more like hacking, patching, not full blown coding, that is rarity.

You can even add lightscribe if you know how :bigsmile: :iagree: :bow:

Yes, thanks

It’s just that we see several different flashers for the 109, with different features, and I was thinking it would be nice to combine this code…

Several flashers?

Aha.

Flashers, downloaders, firmware installers, whatever. Perhaps the code could be combined?

No. We can wait for somebody (Gradius for example? :bigsmile: ) to remove rip lock and RPC2 protection from the Buffalo FW.

Yes its possible right now if you flash your drive to anothers FW like piodata, also read something about buffalo, although i got no clue on that one.

This burner can support lightscribe with a firmware update? OMG that would so rock my world.

Geez I am starting rumor and it was not even an April Fool joke…

Dunno about lightscribe, for the other feature let’s wait for some guru to fix it… Anybody know about the usual feature of the Medion model, but they are not even at 1.40 yet and No Kernel either…

Debating applying the stock 109 1.40 to my Medion - Medion’s 1.17 is “EU2”, but I suppose a binary compare with stock 1.17 would answer the question “any difference”.

Drive : PIONEER DVD RW DVR-109
Type : DVD±R/RW DL Recorder
Firmware Version : 1.09
Buffer Size : 2000 KB
Date : 05-01-19
Serial Number : DLDC******WL
Vendor Specific : 05/01/19 PIONEER
Drive Letter : G:
Mechanism : Tray
Read Speed : 40 X
Write Speed : 40 , 32 X

Read CD Text : Yes
Return C2 Pointers : Yes
Read CD-R : Yes
Read CD-RW : Yes
Read DVD-ROM : Yes
Read DVD-RAM : Yes
Read DVD-R : Yes
Read DVD-RW : Yes
Read DVD+R : Yes
Read DVD+RW : Yes
Read DVD+R DL : Yes
Read Digital Audio : Yes
Read CD+G : No
Read VideoCD : Yes

Write CD-R : Yes
Write CD-RW : Yes
Write DVD-R : Yes
Write DVD-RW : Yes
Write DVD+R : Yes
Write DVD+RW : Yes
Write DVD+R DL : Yes
Write DVD-RAM : No
Buffer Underrun Protection : Yes
Mount Rainier : No
Modes : Packet, TAO, DAO, SAO, RAW SAO, RAW DAO, RAW SAO 16, RAW SAO 96, RAW DAO 16, RAW DAO 96

Region Protection Control : RPC II
Region : None
Changes User : 5
Changes Vendor : 4

No mention of Medion there