Is DVDtoSVCD running or not?

I set the thing to recode an AVI a few hours ago. It’s showing in the taskbar but no window opens when I click on it. It’s using no CPU time and doesn’t appear to be writing to HD either. What’s up?

DVD2SVCD is only a frontend for the other programs it controls. are any of those active?

It runs the audio file conversion, then goes and gets the AVI, then it just goes “dead” and doesn’t do anything more. Installed all the stuff from the tutorial, CCC is there, etc., etc.
the last log entry is the one for “video encoding using CCC”

have u tried to recover ur project? if not, it’s on the Misc tab. just find ur .d2s file and it can resume from the last completed step. and has this problem happened more than once?

Sounds liek CCE doesnt like your AVI and then shuts down. Typical reaction of AVI with problems. Run it through DivFix and DivXRepair.

Originally posted by ChickenMan
Sounds liek CCE doesnt like your AVI and then shuts down. Typical reaction of AVI with problems. Run it through DivFix and DivXRepair.

It happens every time with any AVI that I’m able to create. I figure CCE is screwed up, but don’t know what to do about it, I’ve re-downloaded and re-installed it a few times.

Isn’t there some reasonably priced program that converts AVI to DVD format without requiring an engineering degree?

Tried the patch for CCE, no joy.

Isn’t there any other way to convert AVI ?

tmpgenc is an option when you have time

Isn’t there some reasonably priced program that converts AVI to DVD format without requiring an engineering degree?

yes there are, but o don’t think the qulity will be the same as with cce.
I will try to find some names, can’t remember them right now

tmpgenc is an option when you have time

It won’t open my AVI’s at all. These are being created in Studio8 from video captures.

What does gspot say about the AVI’s?

Gspot says:
The file is playable in WMP, and works fine in Studio8. no trouble converting it to MPEG in Studio8 either, and the MPEG works in everything.