Is DVD2One what I need?

vbimport

I’m new to this stuff but I’d like to know how to fit one movie on one DVD-R disc. I want to burn DVDs from downloaded files using iDVD on an iMac but the program doesn’t want to burn anything longer than 90 minutes. In reading about the uses of DVD2One, this program appeared to be what I need to compress these files so I bought the product. Now I can’t seem to figure out how to use it because the instructions are all about copying discs. I can’t open any video files with the program and I guess I don’t even know what a source directory is. Sorry if this is too basic for you pros out there but I searched the archives on this page and can’t find the info I need on various DVD recording websites. Any help would be appreciated.

I don’t think DVD2OneX is what you are looking for.

Generally movies that you download are encoded as DIVX or some other MPEG-4 variant. DVD video needs to be MPEG-2.

The easiest way to do this is to re-encode the video into MPEG-2 with QuickTime Player and convert the audio into AC3. Then you can author a DVD using DVD Studio Pro.

I wouldn’t expect the whole process to be worth the effort, considering how degraded the video quality will be.

RTFM