Is downloading illegal in netherlands?

vbimport

Hi,
I just moved to netherlands to study and I am thinking what are the laws in here? I know that uploading copyrighted material is illegal but what about downloading? On tv there is this commercial that talks about illegal software downloading but it does not say anything about music or movies?
I read somewhere that downloadin music and movies (even copyrighted ones) is stil legal in here but is that true?

Have you checked our site: http://www.euro-copyrights.org/

There you will find a lot of information regarding the legality of downloading and such.

Thank you for your reply.
I have read that text but it does not give straight answer to my question. (or I missed something:) It says that private copying is allowed but it does not say is it allowed also when you dont own the original?.And is it allowed with music and movies? and from p2p networks or? It also does not say anything about uploading but I have understandet that all uploading with copyrighted material is illegal?

How hard can my question be? :slight_smile:
Seriously this is a dutch forum so I would believe that you guys know whats legal and whats not??
I have believed that downloading music and movies for private use is perfectly legal in almost all european union countries (exept UK and ??) but just to be shure.

to answer to your question,
what is legal for bush is legal for you.
if a president doesnt respect international laws, it means YOU do not have to follow the rules.

So, if we follow this basic principle, you are legal, to copy, download, sell, resell, pirat, shrink, copy partially or not ,every product coming from the USA.

The Bush administration
Washington D.C
www.whitehouse.gov

Hi! :slight_smile:

I just moved to netherlands to study and I am thinking what are the laws in here?

What kind of study?

I know that uploading copyrighted material is illegal but what about downloading?

yes. illegal.

On tv there is this commercial that talks about illegal software downloading but it does not say anything about music or movies?

True, that’s not illegal

I read somewhere that downloadin music and movies (even copyrighted ones) is stil legal in here but is that true?

Yes it is true.

So, you’re staying forever now? :slight_smile:

You may free download from P2P programs. Sometimes they say it’s illegal. But ignore that. 'Cause it isn’t true. Only burning and selling is forbidden.