Is Cyberlink DVD 6 Suite needed if?

vbimport

I posted to Kipper’s review thread on this package whether getting the suite, which has mostly earlier versions, of many Cyberlink components, was better that shelling out real money for the most of most recent ones in it. His answer for him it was especially since he says you can buy upgrades for individual components. I haven’t checked the upgrade prices yet, but that seems reasonable.

I just installed the Cyberlink OEM on my pc and would be satisfied with only it’s limited capability PowerDVD player and InstantCD packet writer. I’d also like to gring a little more with my Nero 8 Ultra installing it this time w/o InCD. First, this makes cost plus sense with possibility of time minus. Does anybody think this effort worth it one way or another? Does anybody know which parts of Cyberlink OEM or Suite 6 I can mix and match with Nero 8 Ultra?

My basics are I like Nero Recode, Vision, WaveEditor, burning ROM when these happens to work and of course the small useful utility tools. Showtime I do not like. InCD is ok, but I’d rather go with InstantCD.

Thanks
CC

Hi again ClickCardo

When I did the review on DVD Suite 6 I also had the full compliment of Nero installed on this system.

I found that any component of both Nero and the Suite functioned without any problems.

You could do a custom install of Nero and just install the ones you will need and then install the Suite and then un-install the components that you will not use from it.

If you have the HD space then you could just leave both programs on the system. You might want to then configure your “auto-play” functions to your liking.

Thanks for the heads up Kipper. So from your response can I take it you think having both is worthwhile or did you already have Nero 8 like me and left it on as an alternative for special situations?

I have all the softwares listed above (Nero 8 Ultra, Cyberlink Suite, PowerDVD 8) installed in my PC and other similar softwares, and like you, I keep them just in case need one of them in the future or as alternatives if I’m not happy with the result from one software.

You might want to try ImgBurn as alternative to Nero Burning ROM.

[QUOTE=ClickCardo;2100590]Thanks for the heads up Kipper. So from your response can I take it you think having both is worthwhile or did you already have Nero 8 like me and left it on as an alternative for special situations?[/QUOTE]

As zevi says above; I too have or have had all of the same software programs installed at the same time without any issues.

Do you know if they give any price break to upgrading from OEM to Suite & PowerDVD either from link or inside apps?

while at the CyberLink site; looking at the programs you wish to upgrade just click on the “Upgrade” pricing and you should find the amounts according to the version you currently have.

If I remember correctly, Cyberlink will require you to have the old version installed prior to installing the upgrade product.

Seems like I imagined seeing somewhere that the functionality for the upgrade is less than buying the full package. Does anybody know if that is true?

If you have DVD Suite 4 or 5, the upgrade to 6 Pro or Ultra for $69.95 and $99.95, respectively. I believe the functionality is the same between upgrade and full package.

However be aware that Cyberlink DVD Suite 6 Ultra comes with PowerDVD 7.3 only, which is not the latest. The latest PowerDVD is version 8.

I upgraded to the Suite 6. Do you know if the apps run on Vista64 in x64 mode? In x86 emulation? Can I only use it on 32-bit Vista?

Thanks.
CC