Is CD rot rearing it's ugly head again?

vbimport

Well…this USED to be CD freaks, so I shall ask a CD question! :bigsmile:

I’m having problems with certain discs that I believe are manufactured by cinram, the reflective layer peels off the edge of the disc, and seems to be slowly working it’s way towards the audio portion of the discs, they all seem to be taking a lot longer to be recognised as well…

Looking at the code on the bottom of the disc the code is 2 83752-2 01 and Z43144

I attached an image of what it looks like as well…

Before “rearing it’s ugly head” why not start ripping your collection…Can’t remember the last time I actually played/touched one of my CDs…Hey wait a minute, maybe I’d better check the ones I haven’t yet backed up/ripped…
Thanks for the reminder!!..:smiley:

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2589316]Before “rearing it’s ugly head” why not start ripping your collection…Can’t remember the last time I actually played/touched one of my CDs…Hey wait a minute, maybe I’d better check the ones I haven’t yet backed up/ripped…
Thanks for the reminder!!..:D[/QUOTE]

That’s exactly my case! Haven’t looked through them in over a year…and when I did, discovered that!

Yo-

Yet [I]another[/I] convincing reason to put your archival data/music on good ole Taiyo Yuden CD-R’s [B][I][U]originally[/U][/I][/B]-eh!!

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2589365]Yo-

Yet [I]another[/I] convincing reason to put your archival data/music on good ole Taiyo Yuden CD-R’s [B][I][U]originally[/U][/I][/B]-eh!![/QUOTE]
sound advice:iagree:

I’m working on it…either that or buy a really big hard drive and rip to lossless!