Is BTC1004 garbage?

vbimport

It burns terrible DVD Videos,SVCD and VCD´s.:frowning:
They pixeled at 1 hour,jumping or the picture stand still.
Why ??
It is all the same with DVD r ,all the same errors !!!

Is the BTC1004 cheap?? It mean bullshit??:frowning:

I have all Firmware used. DataDVD are good,Video DVD are worse!!!:confused:

I have a P4 1900 Win XP Pro.

When i burn a VideoDVD on an old Phillips DVD (only DVD+RW)
and change booktype to -rom my DVDPlayer plays the Video very good.

My standalone DVD is a Panasonic RV32.

I spend alot of money for DVDr but nothing is playing good on a DVDstandalone ?? WHY???:confused:

:confused: :frowning:

You will only annoy people on here if you post all your negative feelings about your BTC drive. Many people have had good results with these drives. I have had my BTC 1004 for 2 months and I have not made one coaster, my friend. maybe your computer is not set up right. Maybe your computer is setup by “user from hell”. Maybe you bought rubbish media. maybe. maybe.

Maybe you are using bad encoding software.

Maybe you have Nvidia chipset drivers installed for your motherboard… There could be 1001 reasons. But you go ahead and blame BTC.

My BTC is a much better drive than the Pioneer 105 I had before. Burns more media and quieter. And half the price.

Unfortunately it’s true that burn quality is not optimal for this drive. You really have to find the right media for this drive. Even worse, finding a MID on the compatibility list of BTC guarantees nothing.
I think many positive reactions on this burner are more because of the read quality of the DVD players used, than in benefit of the burner. I tried disks in 8 DVD players, and about 4 of them had real problems with reading BTC written disks. I found no problem with the same disks that were written with a NEC burner.

What you write may be correct. I now have an Ellion Divx - dvd player and I have been burning material, dvds, avis, mpegs, onto r and rw disks + and - and they all work!

I have tried 4 different brands of dvd-r, 2 brands of dvd-rw, 2 brands of dvd+rw, 1 brand of dvd+r.

I have tried dvds I burned on my friends very cheap dvd player and they play just fine.

So this poor burn quality has not happened to me.

I don’t care if they don’t work in 8 different players because I only have 1 player.

DVD writers are so cheap now anyway. In 1 year I will get an 8x or 12x writer.

i agree, the btc drive is a nightmare, im on my second drive and this has failed too, i need to get another from the shop, im trying to get my money back but the shop aint having none of it, im going over to another manufacture now …trying another brand, it seems you got to do so much to make this drive operate properly, its a very poor drive in my opinion, im gonna try to off load my coaster maker on e bay

Once again, mine is great!!!

I dont’ have any problems with my drive… 100+ burns and not a single coaster.

My secret, is to buy good media (ritek g04’s).

sorry that you are having bad expereicnes with this drive.

My BTC drive is also a piece of crap. The impression I get from reading this forum is about 40% have good drives and 60% don’t. I have 4 burners, Pioneer 105 (burns -R’s perfectly), Nec 1300A (good dual format drive), BTC 1004IM (CRAP), and a Cyberdrive 082D (great for + media but single format). I personlly think the problem is with the BTC production process and poor quality control. That’s what you get when you contract out your production to the cheapest bidder (I don’t know this for but I bet the place that puts these togother have a lot of customers).

My BTC is a much better drive than the Pioneer 105 I had before. Burns more media and quieter. And half the price.

I doubt this, but you could have had a bad drive. My Pioneer burns practically every -R out there, cheap or expensive and if you look at dvdrhelp.com you will see that many others have had similar results.

Even worse, finding a MID on the compatibility list of BTC guarantees nothing.

Halla Luya!! This is a very accurate statement.

My BTC died (or something like that… didn’t see any +r/+rw) so i ditched it, and bought a Pioneer 106D.
I can say only a thing: OMGWTFBBQ
No more coasters, no more problems with cheap media, no more… nothing. I give her the media, and she burns it like a breeze. End of the story.

i have tried about 10 different types of media and with fw0048 all medias are working great. there is no difference by ps2-game, dvd-movie, vcd,svcd or data.

for me it´s really a great drive.:bow:

cu

all i can say about this matter is i’m disapointed about my BTC1004.
Problems reading dvd’s copied on a drive like mine but working nicely, problems reading media in standalone players, even the Ritek G04 didn’t solve the compatibility problem. i tried almost anything on this forum and the next thing to do is replacing the bastard. i never had so much trouble whith hardware before!!!
I have spent almost more in burned out media than in the recorder itself… i gave up trying to make it work…

someone want’s to buy a BTC 1004 recorder ??? :stuck_out_tongue:

BTC 1004 Crap ?
I had to begin with my drive some probs but that was not the drives fault it was the cheapest Media you can use.
In my Opinion is my BTC far better than my old CD RW writer it burns good media with no problems and.
Its not too hard to find the correct media i think.
I used to look at the BTC Page to find out what media i can use with my 1004 and it seems to work with all types in that list and some not in the list ( I’ve forgotten the MID ^^;:wink:
The worst People are not the Manufacturer.
Blame the Sellers of DVD-Rs/+Rs
Its stupid to go in a shop to buy a dvd and not to know what MID it has that should be standart to label that under the price …

clany i seen your reply to my post and you are just one of the lucky ones that didn’t get a bad Duel DVD burner. If you read all the threads like i suggestion one guy stated that about 40% of the buyers of the DVDRW 1004IM don’t have any problems and 60% do. so it looks like your in the catigory of the 40% but you really should read the post because i’ve tried the media on so called compatibility list and still having problems just like alot of others.

When using the latest firmware updates, the number of problems with DRW1004 are very low.

Marco
BTC Europe

Originally posted by Marco BTC
[B]When using the latest firmware updates, the number of problems with DRW1004 are very low.

Marco
BTC Europe [/B]

unless updating to the latest firmware version kills all the DVD capabilities of the drive … ooops!

still a nice drive if you are lucky enough to get the firmware updated without problems and stay away from media thats not on the compability list. the amount of problems there seem to have been with the different firmwares the drive was sold with makes you wonder about the “quality control” though.

Deadlink,

For your information:

"unless updating to the latest firmware version kills all the DVD capabilities of the drive … ooops! "
There have been NO cases whatsoever of killing the DVD capabilities DUE to firmware updates !

“… stay away from media thats not on the compability list.”
In the beginning, the number of supported media was quite low, I have to admit, but currently most quality media are all supported. And yes, we do recommend staying away from media which are not on the list, mostly because the ones that aren’t are of questionable quality.
unless updating to the latest firmware version kills all the DVD capabilities of the drive … ooops!

“…the amount of problems there seem to have been with the different firmwares the drive was sold with makes you wonder about the “quality control” though.”
Quality control is done with media that are on the support list and if you stick with those, there will obviously not be any problem.

Marco
BTC Europe

Originally posted by Marco BTC
[B]Deadlink,

For your information:

"unless updating to the latest firmware version kills all the DVD capabilities of the drive … ooops! "
There have been NO cases whatsoever of killing the DVD capabilities DUE to firmware updates ![/b]

it obviously was my fault then. I did exactly what I was supposed to do and it changed my drive to a CD-RW. updating my firmware to 0049 made my drive no longer see any DVD media. NO cases? I tend to disagree. you are free to not agree with me ofc.

“… stay away from media thats not on the compability list.”
In the beginning, the number of supported media was quite low, I have to admit, but currently most quality media are all supported. And yes, we do recommend staying away from media which are not on the list, mostly because the ones that aren’t are of questionable quality.

exactly what I was saying/implying, no?

“…the amount of problems there seem to have been with the different firmwares the drive was sold with makes you wonder about the “quality control” though.”
Quality control is done with media that are on the support list and if you stick with those, there will obviously not be any problem.

excuse me, but firmware that tends to burn out the laser (0038 or 0039 I believe) of the drive has nothing to do with bad quality control? there is nothing wrong with BTC shipping drives with such a firmware? sorry, but for me that sounds like something you really wouldn’t want to do when you are a company. in addition to that, I said that there have been, I’m not saying that there still are, as I do not know, due to giving up on my drive … in part due to BTCs tech support not replying to my mails with anything but autoreply mails.

'cos I hate pointless flames, I’ll add once again that the 1004 was a decent drive for me, before the firmware update disaster, so I still think that you get a decent drive for a decent price, but personally I wouldn’t go for BTC again, as my experience was way too little satisfaction for the headaches it gave me.

i would mention one thing anyone complaints about.
Anyone wants the best drive with the best
compatibility and the best price.
I dont really see the point in insulting the Manufacturer and not to go to the dealer and simply to exchange the drive its not really that impossible.
Faulty drives are bad but everyone wants the fastest and best cheap drive.
think about it g
(sorry for my bad typo lol)

…the 1004 is one of the best drives for this price!!!

True… and works great with firmware 50. It’s just allergic to some cheap media, that’s all.