Is Aopen CRW1232A a good choice

vbimport

Hi all,

All i want to know is if a Aopen CRW1232A is a good drive for copying SD2, Securom and all the other protections.

I have at the moment a Mitsumi 4804te which i love to pieces but its only problem is SD2. Will the CRW1232A do the same job as the Mitsumi and SD2 aswell.

And does the aopen support 90min CD’s cos the mitsumi will burn 99 mins worth, which i take advantage of.

Cheers all :slight_smile:

AOPEN supports SD2 accoring to reports I got on my SafeDisc 2 list.

For more information )like reading abilities) check the CloneCD Hardware Requirements…

I don’t know if it can handle 90 minutes CD-R…

the aopen is a good drive, I spec it whenever I build for mates/customers as it is a very good allrounder, however you’d probably be better off going for the new plex out next month - if you can wait. (also I haven’t got one to do 99 mins yet… dunno if it’s just me though)

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
[B]AOPEN supports SD2 accoring to reports I got on my SafeDisc 2 list.

For more information )like reading abilities) check the CloneCD Hardware Requirements…

I don’t know if it can handle 90 minutes CD-R… [/B]

I recently bought an Aopen 1232Pro and it does NOT do SD2 perfectly. I tried it with Max Payne and it will not work in the burner or any reader. If the 1232Pro/A does SD2 perfectly, please post your settings, firmware, OS, etc…

These are mine:

CloneCD 3.0.5.1 (tried 2.8.5.2)
Win 98SE
1.00 (tried 1.30) firmware updates.

Also, the CCD image was an iso.

B.

Originally posted by bosephus
[B]

I recently bought an Aopen 1232Pro and it does NOT do SD2 perfectly. I tried it with Max Payne and it will not work in the burner or any reader. If the 1232Pro/A does SD2 perfectly, please post your settings, firmware, OS, etc…

These are mine:

CloneCD 3.0.5.1 (tried 2.8.5.2)
Win 98SE
1.00 (tried 1.30) firmware updates.

Also, the CCD image was an iso.

B.
[/B]

did you use the writer for reading the cd?
because it can only write safedisk² and not read it, for making the image file you have to use another cdrom or dvd that can read safedisk²

Plexwriter 24/10/40 even a better one…

Originally posted by snowie
[B]

did you use the writer for reading the cd?
because it can only write safedisk² and not read it, for making the image file you have to use another cdrom or dvd that can read safedisk²
[/B]

I think I made that clear when I said, “Also, the CCD image was an iso.”. Anyways, on the clonecd site it says that none of the Aopen drives can do correct EFM encoding.

As for the new plextor 24X writer, it got bad reviews for it’s reading and it’s going to be waaay to expensive when it hits the North American market.

B.

Originally posted by Digital Mayhem
Plexwriter 24/10/40 even a better one…

Depending on what kind of firmware you have