Is anyone having problem with 48246S?

I just got one, thought I ask if there are any bad sides to this model.

No.

No problems. It works fine for me.

What kind of problem have you found?

He’s not having problems yet. He is just asking if other people have problems.

I had 40125S that started to write “yellow” Nero Speed CD regions. I sent it back, got this fancy next version. Was wondering if it is as crappy as the previous one.

this drive cannot determine overburn capacity in feurio or nero cd speed.
Fireware VSS0B

Apart from that, no complain at all

I don’t care about the overburn, usually it is like extra 5mb or so, not worth it.

I pulled my LieOn 40x out and slipped in the 48246s in and all my software saw it and have been writting to it no problems. Performing exactly the same as the 40x, no problems here.

how can I burn cd’s with liteon 48246s at 2X with Nero or Cdrwin 3.9?I can select only 4X to 48x and for my Ps2 backup copies I want to make it at 2x.
For now only Clone cd makes copies at 2x :rolleyes:

Originally posted by cala
how can I burn cd’s with liteon 48246s at 2X with Nero or Cdrwin 3.9?I can select only 4X to 48x and for my Ps2 backup copies I want to make it at 2x.
For now only Clone cd makes copies at 2x :rolleyes:

I guess you can’t. I didn’t even know that the drive supported burning at 2x (I don’t a need for that :)).

I own the same drive and Nero doesn’t give me any writing speeds below 8x on normal CDRs. Pretty strange by the way, since the Nero that came with the drive only gave me the choice 4x or 48x. After installing an updated version, I got some more speeds :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
[B]

I guess you can’t. I didn’t even know that the drive supported burning at 2x (I don’t a need for that :)).

I own the same drive and Nero doesn’t give me any writing speeds below 8x on normal CDRs. Pretty strange by the way, since the Nero that came with the drive only gave me the choice 4x or 48x. After installing an updated version, I got some more speeds :slight_smile: [/B]
ok thanks