Is Alcohol 120% capable of backing up Securom 4.8+games w/o blindread/blindwrite?

I just want to know…If not, will the next version of Alcohol be able to?

Alcohol has been capable of backing up securom for quite a while. Is there some specific game you have problems with?

Originally posted by Andareed
Alcohol has been capable of backing up securom for quite a while. Is there some specific game you have problems with?

Oh really? So it’s capable of copying a game like Max Payne 2 w/o the need of Blindread/Blindwrite? I remember reading in some threads a long time ago that Alcohol have problems copying Securom 4.8+games. Well I’ll give Hitman 2 a try then…

Btw I’m talking about creating a Securom 4.8+game w/o the need of emulation from both Alcohol or Blindread/blindwrite.

Originally posted by Sgt_Strider
[B]Oh really? So it’s capable of copying a game like Max Payne 2 w/o the need of Blindread/Blindwrite? I remember reading in some threads a long time ago that Alcohol have problems copying Securom 4.8+games. Well I’ll give Hitman 2 a try then…

Btw I’m talking about creating a Securom 4.8+game w/o the need of emulation from both Alcohol or Blindread/blindwrite. [/B]

if you use the rmps emulation feature when you play it after a burn it will run the titles.
burn it with high data percision managment checked. when it asks you the speed to do the measurement choose 1x (it doesnt take that long and youll get a good copy…this is different than read speed you can leave that on maximum). You need alc120 in your target machines to be able to play the title with rmps emulation turned on also. its not a standalone working copy but it works good.

You can make a stand-alone copy that will work without emulation (from most drives) by using this method.

Is there any other way to allow “sensitve” readers such as my toshiba 1712 to be able to both install and play the latest securom games without emulation? I know you can just burn another cd plainly and install it but just wondering if there have been any breakthroughs. I have a toshiba 1712 and asus 52x.

Thanks

What about Jedi Academy. That game is giving me hell to back up with and without BlindWrite.

Originally posted by philamber
You can make a stand-alone copy that will work without emulation (from most drives) by using this method.

is that the right post i dont see the guide??

Even the emulation wont work

Originally posted by Jamos
is that the right post i dont see the guide??

FP has moved it to the tutorial section. It’s now here.

Originally posted by philamber
FP has moved it to the tutorial section. It’s now here.

just keeping ya honest!:stuck_out_tongue: