Is a flatscreen TV reason for buying an audio system?

vbimport

Hey you guys,

I just ordered a Samsung 37" LCD HDTV!

But now I’m gonna need your advice. Do you think in generally, a saperate speaker system is needed when watching a LCD/Plasma TV?

Becaus some of my friends told me the sound from old-fashion not-flat TVs is much better, because they speakers on that TVs can be larger.

In short, do you recommend me buying a separate audio system when watching to a flatscreen TV?

At some point and time you will probably want to run your audio through a receiver, the speakers on the TV’s are usually 10 to 15 watt speakers and depending on the size of your room may sound disappointing to you.

:cool::cool:

I have a Panasonic plasma and the sound from the built in speakers is fine. However if I want to I can put the sound through my hi-fi which I already had, perhaps you can too?

[QUOTE=MultiC0pier;2138222]Hey you guys,

I just ordered a Samsung 37" LCD HDTV!

But now I’m gonna need your advice. Do you think in generally, a saperate speaker system is needed when watching a LCD/Plasma TV?

Becaus some of my friends told me the sound from old-fashion not-flat TVs is much better, because they speakers on that TVs can be larger.

In short, do you recommend me buying a separate audio system when watching to a flatscreen TV?[/QUOTE]

If you have already spent the money on a good screen to watch :smiley:
Why wouldn’t you spend a little more and get the sound to match. :iagree:

Just my opinion. :smiley:

TV’s can ususally only do 2.1 sound (stereo + basic subwoofer) at best.
Sometimes they do “simulated” surround sound.
It just can’t compare to real surround sound.

But not all TV programs are broadcast is 5.1 either.
I’d expect practically all DVD’s & Bluray come with 5.1 or 7.1 sound these days.