Is 5.1.2.2 Ok?

vbimport

I’ve been reading a lot here about problems with version 5.1.2.0 and possibly 5.1.2.2.

Should I stick with my current 5.1.1.0 or is it safe to overlay with 5.1.2.2?

Hi captainvideo,

5.1.2.2 is safe and stable.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

[QUOTE=fengtao;2167998]Hi captainvideo,

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Fengtao!

[QUOTE=fengtao;2167998]
[/QUOTE]

I am a first time user of DVDFab. Just tried version 5.1.2.2 and found the following three issues:

1. DVDFab 5.1.2.2 does not recognize/use the volume label of the source DVD. This was also reported for version 5.1.2.0 in this topic.
    Workaround is to enter the volume label manually.

2. When I select mode “Full Disc” (with option “remove annoying PCGs”), with DVD image as source, and ISO image as target (with another name and location as the source image) and hit START, nothing happens. Only when I use a folder as target I can make a copy of the DVD.

3. I used Nero to make an NRG image of the DVD folder on harddisk. When I mount this image, I can play it with PowerDVD. However when I select the NRG image as source in DVDFab, the program crashes during read-in of the image.

In my opinion, all three issues are bugs.

It doesnt convert DVD to WMV without the output video being jumpy & pixelated.

[QUOTE=CornelisJ;2168502]I am a first time user of DVDFab. Just tried version 5.1.2.2 and found the following three issues:

1. DVDFab 5.1.2.2 does not recognize/use the volume label of the source DVD. This was also reported for version 5.1.2.0 in this topic.
    Workaround is to enter the volume label manually.

2. When I select mode “Full Disc” (with option “remove annoying PCGs”), with DVD image as source, and ISO image as target (with another name and location as the source image) and hit START, nothing happens. Only when I use a folder as target I can make a copy of the DVD.

3. I used Nero to make an NRG image of the DVD folder on harddisk. When I mount this image, I can play it with PowerDVD. However when I select the NRG image as source in DVDFab, the program crashes during read-in of the image.

In my opinion, all three issues are bugs.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know. I will stick with 5.1.1.0 for now.

I am sure that Fengtao will read this and address the issues you mentioned.

I used 5.1.2.2 this morning for the first time and it seemed to retrieve the original disc volume label just fine. I copied one disc directly from one dvd drive to another, and it worked fine. I then copied another disc to the hard drive and then copied that to a dvd. Everything seems to work fine. The acid test for me will be when Dark Knight hits the store shelves next week (5.1.2.2 exists because of earlier problems with that disc).

I don’t update DVDFab until I experience problems copying a disc that I can’t seem to resolve by changing settings in the version I’m using at the time. This morning, Phenomenon refused to copy to a new disc using v5.1.1.0, so I updated to 5.1.2.2 and it went fine.