Is 1650 any good? is there a retail version of 1650?

is 1650 any good?
is there a retail 1650?
if yes from where can i get one?
thanks

Yes.

Yes.

At your favourite online shop / retailer.

You’re welcome.

Yes.

Depends on where you are. Not in the US that I could find.

Where in the world are you? If it’s the US try www.newegg.com. Currently ~$41 shipped to your house.

You’re welcome. Sorry for the dupe, I don’t push buttons as fast as packetloss.

i am in us.
any place that sells retail 1650?
is 1650 better then 1655?
i don’t plan to use lightscribe though.

Why do you want a retail version? There’s no difference between the OEM and retail other than the cardboard box. If you already have a burner in your box you have everything you need to hook it up. Do you already have a reader or burner in your PC? If not, worst case, you may have to buy a 3 connector 80 conductor IDE cable which you wouldn’t get in the retail box anyway. The 1650 is a 1655 without the LightScribe hardware.

Same ol’ good newtoburners…
Be prepared for a long thread guys. :bigsmile:

Wurd… :rolleyes:

ntb, are you that lazy to do some reading from the threads posted? :confused:

Sorry, guys. I am new enough that I take everyone at face value. I searched all ntb’s posts, after I saw pinto’s reply. Ntb is like a kind, gentle troll that asks a question that ends up getting all of the info on a topic in one place, rehashed out of 58 other threads. I’ll try to be more careful (see sig).

pinto - plz stop stalking me. last post - kindly refrain from using offensive terms such as troll.
thanks.

I am not trying to offend you, honest, but… but… look at this: http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?s=slashdot+trolling+phenomena :slight_smile:

I quote from the ‘Minor trolls’ section:

“The [B]Is it good or is it whack?[/B] troll: This troll responds to a comment by asking of the comment’s subject, “What’s [subject] all about? Is it good or is it whack?”. In general, this troll aims to suggest wide-eyed naïveté about a well-understood subject. This phrase comes from the popular comic character in the UK and the US, Ali G.”

There is no DW 1650 retail at Newegg.com for any price.

Hi Alan,

From your Signature line it seems that you are an expert in BenQ’s.
I have a BenQ DW1640 with BSOB … I burn Taiyo Yuden DVD-Rs either TYG02 or TYG03’s.

Question: It seems I can only get a dependable lowest PO errors when I burn at 4X? What good is it if I have a TYG03 rated at 16X and when I burn it at 8X … I still have PO errors … even thought the darn final burn rates at 98% or 99%?

Any input would help. By the wya, I use QSuite 2.1 version … I leave all my setting on Default … expect last few discs I tried to put Solid Burn on Learned Media also.

Thanks!

Well technically, you are right. But if you really want retail and you don’t mind paying for features you don’t want you [I]can[/I] buy the 1655; already posted as the same drive with extra Lightscribe.