Is 1080p the maximum resolution for the foreseeable future?

vbimport

I remember that there was 480p then 720p then 1080i and now 1080p.

I wonder if it is safe to buy 1080p or if it will turn out bad like when people bought 720p and could not do the maximum of 1080p.

If you can share opinions I would thank you for it.

Hey SubZero

The transition between 480 to 720 and then to 1080 happened relatively quick.

Right now I would not buy anything less than 1080p. Your probably questioning yourself if I buy a 1080p will they come out with something better. In do time they will, but for the short-term I wouldn’t be overly concerned about it. 1080P is yet to be mainstream in broadcasting due to infrastructures and costs. The transition to go beyond 1080P mainstream will probably take a little longer.

:cool::cool:

[QUOTE=platinumsword;2464892]Hey SubZero

The transition between 480 to 720 and then to 1080 happened relatively quick.

Right now I would not buy anything less than 1080p. Your probably questioning yourself if I buy a 1080p will they come out with something better. In do time they will, but for the short-term I wouldn’t be overly concerned about it. 1080P is yet to be mainstream in broadcasting due to infrastructures and costs. The transition to go beyond 1080P mainstream will probably take a little longer.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for reply

With 480p, DVD movies were that resolution

With 1080p, Blu-Ray movies are that resolution now

There was no standard between those resolutions for other movie types.

So Blu-Ray is 1080p and that resolution will be to HD what DVD was to 480p?

Thank you

So Blu-Ray is 1080p and that resolution will be to HD what DVD was to 480p?

Yes, Blu-Ray will not be going higher than 1080p as that’s ‘the standard’ nowadays.

a while ago there was a format war between HDDVD and BluRay and BluRay won. so Blu-Ray is ‘the standard’ for HD content nowadays and as PlatinumSword said, we won’t be seeing anything higher than 1080p in the foreseeable future BUT eventually there will be something that comes out that is better than 1080p, you can pretty much count on that.

in my opinion i don’t think we will see Blu-Ray 1080p movies going out of style anytime soon because it’s not even super common like DVD is yet as prices are still a tad steep. i think your safe for AT LEAST 5+ years on Blu-Ray (most likely longer (as in 10-ish years) as i am being conservative on my estimates)