Irq

Hello,

First I would like to recommend trying to update your video and sound drivers. Your video drivers are dated “8/2/2005” however, I do believe there are updated drivers since this date. Your audio drivers are dated “11/17/2004” and could definitely be updated as well. I recommend you try updating these drivers as well as lowering all your settings to see if this helps your frame rate increase.

There also seems to be an IRQ conflict on your system.

IRQ 22 Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
IRQ 22 NVIDIA Network Bus Enumerator

Computer hardware can appear to work properly at first, but during times of heavy processing there may be performance problems or lockups. Resources being shared often cause this. If you are not familiar with reconfiguring IRQs, DMA channels or Plug n’ Play settings, we suggest you get some help from your local computer professional. The tips listed below are intended for experienced computer users that are willing to get into the “guts” of the computer.

Make sure that there are no conflicts or sharing of IRQs between your network, video or sound card, if possible. You can sometimes do this by manually assigning the resources for each device in the Device Manager, found inside the System Control Panel. You can open a list of IRQ assignments by double-clicking on the small Computer icon at the top of the Device Manager window.

If you are comfortable configuring the Plug n’ Play BIOS for your motherboard, you can try to manually assign IRQs to each PCI slot (if the BIOS allows it). Set the BIOS to reset the configuration data, save your new BIOS settings and reboot the computer. Check the Device Manager again to see what IRQs your hardware is now using.

Sincerely,

Eric S.
Blizzard Technical Support
EricS.support@blizzard.com

that is what i got from are tech at blizzard i just wanted to know if anyone here knew how to resolve this i have tryed looking over the net {well 3 or 4 web sites} but they are dif systems from mine.

Can someone help me out with this please

Vegeta,

Is it about World of Warcraft (Blizzard)?

umm…where’s the description of your orig problem ?

btw - i highly doubt you’ll be resetting the irq settings in the BIOS, since those settings are only for ‘legacy’ devices anyway …unless you have an ISA modem (or other funky legacy item) you want to configure, the irq assignment will usually be handled by the APIC, in conjunction with the HAL and ACPI.

What’s your actual issue? :slight_smile:

well blizzard said that they are causeing are conflict and that is causeing me to have low FRPs.

I dont know much about the PCI-EX and everything i find on the internet
is dif to what i have going on i just hopping that one of you guys my know

But thank you for help guys

You have (obviously) APIC and ACPI running so if any devices still are sharing IRQs it’s due to the H/W design. For that matter I highly doubt (95%) that it matters for FPS issues as in your case and it’s perfectly safe to share IRQs with that config so the “techie” is talking bull. What is your computer config? Do you have any AV doing real-time scanning, slow/bad internet connection (WoW depends heavily on it)?
//Danne

I can only agree with DiiZzY. If we are talking about WOW, it is recommended to disable AV and even the firewall. What concerns the “techs”: they usually talk “bull”. Just make a search in WOW Forums. Usually the solution to run WOW (assuming you have the min. system reqs) is simple. In most ceses WOW has problems with insufficient RAM and the videocard.

If you specify your problem, we might be able to provide a solution.

irq conflicts would more likely crash the computer before they’d lag fps

IRQ conflicts don’t happen with modern hardware. :slight_smile:

i think i beg to differ :wink:
it sure as heck can if you disable the APIC controller in the BIOS - and if ACPI wasn’t used (and APM only) during the install of XP, though granted, a BSOD or similar is more likely than FPS lag

*edit;
just read the initial post again and obviously APIC is being used :wink:

vegetaInc
after quickly reviewing this thread;
i concur with Diizzy and others - BUT we Need your System Specs and other info they asked for.

>> IRQ 22 Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
>> IRQ 22 NVIDIA Network Bus Enumerator

Irq sharing is perfectly normal - but i wonder if that’s the nVidia ActiveArmor (hardware built-in firewall) that’s being Enumerated…or it’s just the Onboard NIC perhaps

Any malware ? and other PC issues ? - are you using a Router? …is this issue in Online Gaming only ? using Dialup ?

/*edit

A bloke I once talked to on a Support phone line suggested that I defrag the HD & run scandisk … in that order.

Given that the PC wouldn’t power up, post, let alone run windows … and it was only a week old & hence still under warranty … nuff said.

Support people are cough smart people cough. The knowledgebase (with the standard [stupid] questions) they run on the PC in front of them is really just there to keep the IT department busy, so they don’t start inventing terrible policies concerning email & internet surfing habits :wink:
Oh, and they don’t really have a target no# of support calls every hour, & they don’t have a standard practice of asking first time callers to defrag & scandisk their HD’s, before assigning them a job no# & hanging up.

@ Gurm
They often do (especially on nForce-based mainboards) due to the design but it’s perfectly safe unless there’s like 5 devices on the same IRQ address.
//Danne

I didn’t say there wasn’t IRQ sharing. I said there weren’t IRQ conflicts.

Besides, on a board with APIC the hardware IRQ means much much less than it does on a legacy board. On a legacy board two devices on the same hardware IRQ also share the same software IRQ and will mung each other up 9 times out of 10. On an APIC board, yes you still only have 4-6 hardware interrupts, but you have dozens of software programmable interrupts, and the system uses hardware polling anyway. :slight_smile:

cough 15 cough (on recent systems, aka P3/K7 ++ )

On older systems 7 primary hardware interrupts plus an additional 8 secondary hardware interrupts cascaded through the 8th primary interrupt…

ie:

• 16 -

• 16 <- 8

• 16 <- 9

• 16 <- 10

• 16 <- 11

• 16 <- 12

• 16 <- 13

• 16 <- 14

• 16 <- 15

ummm… iirc - it’s actually like this

• 16 <- 8
  • 16 <- 9
  • 16 <- 10
  • 16 <- 11
  • 16 <- 12
  • 16 <- 13
  • 16 <- 14
  • 16 <- 15

they’re placed between 1 and 2 so they get the higher/highest priority :slight_smile: