Ipod problem

[qanda]This thread is about the Apple iPod classic 160GB, Silver. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]My wife purchased an IPOD and once it was charged, everything on the screen is in Japanese. I figured that once I went to ITunes and c’ompleted the setup, it would convert to English. Well, it didn’t. I saw something about going to the menu and being able to change the language but that assumes you can read the menu. I can’t. Can someone help me?

[QUOTE=Novice348;2234197]My wife purchased an IPOD and once it was charged, everything on the screen is in Japanese. I figured that once I went to ITunes and c’ompleted the setup, it would convert to English. Well, it didn’t. I saw something about going to the menu and being able to change the language but that assumes you can read the menu. I can’t. Can someone help me?[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, sorry, but you gotta admit, it is funny.
Let’s try to get you outa the doghouse.

The menu listings should be the in the same order. I have a 5th gen Ipod, 30 GB…keep your fingers crossed.

[B]Main menu[/B] as you turn it on:
6 entries populated >
click on #5…it should be [B]Settings[/B]

Next, in [B]Settings[/B]… there are 17 entries populated.
Scroll to the 3rd from the bottom, this is
[B]Language[/B]

[B]English[/B] is the top.

BTW, the last entry in [B]Settings[/B] (#17 if my count was correct) should be [B]Reset All Settings[/B] if the above fails.

Hope this helps

I thank you and my wife certainily does. It was very frustrating trying to read stuff that looked more like Egyptian than anything else. I spent about 6 hours trying to find an answer and it was as simple as hitting the reset button. Again, thanks a lot.

I can imagine. Glad to help.