Ipod.mpeg4 conversion failure

vbimport

Just downloaded and registered DVD FAB Platinum (option Mobile) 5.1.0.0
Trying to convert movie to ipod.mpeg4 so I can import to iTunes and my iPod…
Starts conversion 1 pass and then fails…
included is a screen shot with the failure code…

TASK_1failed! Error=4(504 4 Encude_video 787712 200)

PLEASE HELP… I better not have wasted $58 for nothing…

Relax, you have not wasted your money, this works fine for thousands of others and it will work for you too. Looks like you may have a system setting that needs some adjustment or possibly a corrupt download. Start by downloading the newer version, 5.1.0.5 Beta, from the link here in the forum. If it fails again, it would be helpful to have a capture of the Conversion Settings page to see how you have it set up and some details about your system and whether or not it happens with all movies or just one.

Signals’ advice, as always, is excellent.
One additional piece of advice…
On occasion, Fab encounters a problem when converting directly from the dvd as the source. Try ripping the flick to your hdd first and then convert it to mpeg-4.

I’ve done a ton of Ipod conversions over the last year and a half and these “problem discs” have only numbered a few. Still, as a rule, I generally rip first and then convert. It only adds about 5-10 minutes to a process that will take 1-1 1/2 hours anyway, so it’s no big deal.
It just seems to be a smoother, glitch-free process.

Quite a few R1 users had problems converting Iron Man. Once you ripped it and changed the location of the layer break…no problem.

Let us know…

duplicate…sorry

ok… so i downloaded the 5.1.0.5 beta and now it won’t even analyze the disc completely to let me view the conversion settings and start the conversion process but with the same movies (main title only) I copied to my HDD no prob…

The program is force shutting down and wanting me to send a report to DVD Fab’s site…

FYI… I am copying to an external HDD with USB 2.0…
but… I could change conversion settings and start a conversion before I downloaded the 5.1.0.5 beta…

I also tried converting the Video from the copied VOB file to ipod.mpeg4 but it wouldn’t analyze…
it shut down and gave me the same box…

By all means, send the report. In the text box at the bottom, paste in a link to this thread.

i have dvdfab platinum, and i can’t get iron man to convert to ipod format. it stopped at 73% every time i tried it. Help!!!