iPod help

How doI sync movies from DVDFab Platinum to my iPod Classic?

First of all I hope its a Gen 5 Video Ipod and then you would just make it into an MPEG-4 file and use ITUNES to sync it.

No, Its just an iPod Classic 80GB. I am finding it somewhat complicated to get my own personal stuff to sync to the iPod, ie, movies, music in media player, etc.

Apparently we’re not understanding you.
Convert the movie(s) to mpeg-4 using platinum - DVD to Mobile > Ipod (then config of your choice, ie., ipod.mpeg4, ipod.h264, ipod.h264-5.5G) and once the conversion is ripped to your hdd, simply import to Itunes and then sync your Ipod either manually or auto as you connect.

I’d just use ipod.mpeg4 (my default setting = ipod.mpeg4).
See my settings attached…they have never failed me.

The classic is just like the Gen5-you do need the latest version of Itunes to sync correctly. This is the same thing that Alan 1476 and Maineman said, I know, but it is the only way to get it right, older versions of Itunes do not do it right for some reason.

[QUOTE=tgidday;1919125]The classic is just like the Gen5-you do need the latest version of Itunes to sync correctly. This is the same thing that Alan 1476 and Maineman said, I know, but it is the only way to get it right, older versions of Itunes do not do it right for some reason.[/QUOTE]
I picked up my 1st Ipod fairly recently…Feb '07.
I’m still using Itunes 7.1.0.59 and it works just fine, of course, this is a pretty recent version as Itunes goes. I see now apple is up to 7.4.

I’m curious, any idea what version changed the failed vs. successful sync re: movies?

Anything from 6.0.3 and before gives real screwed up results.(for video)

[QUOTE=tgidday;1919163]Anything from 6.0.3 and before gives real screwed up results.(for video)[/QUOTE]

Gotcha…thanks.

I have a 6G 80GB Classic that syncs well with iTunes 7.4 (& firmware 1.0.1).

Like Alan and Maineman said, you convert the movie to MPEG4 with your favorite program, like DVDFAB, and use iTunes to sync that converted file to the iPod.

If your 80GB is a new 6G I recommend to use firmware 1.0.1 and not the newer 1.0.2 but that’s out of this post.

[quote=Tattenbach;1919303]I have a 6G 80GB Classic that syncs well with iTunes 7.4 (& firmware 1.0.1).

Like Alan and Maineman said, you convert the movie to MPEG4 with your favorite program, like DVDFAB, and use iTunes to sync that converted file to the iPod.

If your 80GB is a new 6G I recommend to use firmware 1.0.1 and not the newer 1.0.2 but that’s out of this post.[/quote]
I second that advice. Use 1.0.1 firmware.:iagree:

[QUOTE=alan1476;1919307]I second that advice. Use 1.0.1 firmware.:iagree:[/QUOTE]

Thanks Alan :bow:

@ helloitsholl:

pls check this forum if you need help with iTunes and the new classic:
http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=1208&start=0

OMG it worked!!! Thank you for your suggestions. I now officially have my first movie on my iPod!!!:clap:

[QUOTE=helloitsholl;1919444]OMG it worked!!! Thank you for your suggestions. I now officially have my first movie on my iPod!!!:clap:[/QUOTE]

:cool: