iPod Conversion 5.2.3.0 Problems

The Problem I am having is that I go through the convert dvd to mobile process, but the file that is created is a file of 0 byte size with no extension. Putting an extension on it does nothing. I have tried both iPhone and iTouch profiles and both do the same thing. I haven’t checked the temporary file folder as the files get deleted after completion. As far as I know things were working when I had 5.2.2.0 and just upgraded to 5.2.3.0. Any ideas besides looking in the temp folder, I just don’t want to try and convert again as it takes over an hour.

Ok, so did a little experimenting. Turns out that when the Filename and/or Title is past a certain amount of characters it creates the 0 byte file with no extension. I was trying, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl, as both the filename and title. I changed it to just Pirates and bam works. Just thought you all should be aware of this bug.

Also another minor issue I’m having is with the Preview window. I get audio but no Video. I don’t really want to guess and check with settings because I rarely use it anyway, again just thought you’d like to be aware of possible bug.

Another possible Bug: When you open one source within a folder with many sources and choose one, DVDfab will only show the path for that folder when trying to open another source. If you open another source in another folder you are able to expand and collapse the previous folder again. Hopefully that makes sense.

[QUOTE=tameanaka;2193914]Ok, so did a little experimenting. Turns out that when the Filename and/or Title is past a certain amount of characters it creates the 0 byte file with no extension. I was trying, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl, as both the filename and title. I changed it to just Pirates and bam works. Just thought you all should be aware of this bug.

Also another minor issue I’m having is with the Preview window. I get audio but no Video. I don’t really want to guess and check with settings because I rarely use it anyway, again just thought you’d like to be aware of possible bug.

Another possible Bug: When you open one source within a folder with many sources and choose one, DVDfab will only show the path for that folder when trying to open another source. If you open another source in another folder you are able to expand and collapse the previous folder again. Hopefully that makes sense.[/QUOTE]

Re the preview window issue, what video card is installed in your system?

O’C

:slight_smile:

Sapphire HD 3650 512mb.

[QUOTE=tameanaka;2194168]Sapphire HD 3650 512mb.[/QUOTE]

Not a bug, but a possible conflict.

When you got the Sapphire, you doubtless also got a disk with a bunch of software on it, as well as the necessary drivers.

How much of that software did you load on your system?

O’C

I never use supplied discs that come with hardware as they are usually out of date. I get everything from the manufacturers site.

I only install the minimal things that I need to operate the card and make it do what I want. In the case of the Sapphire I only have the drivers and CCC installed.

[QUOTE=tameanaka;2194820]I never use supplied discs that come with hardware as they are usually out of date. I get everything from the manufacturers site.

I only install the minimal things that I need to operate the card and make it do what I want. In the case of the Sapphire I only have the drivers and CCC installed.[/QUOTE]

OK… Thanks… I have an ATI card in my system, and the way they supply their software, both on the supplied disks and their website, is one massive file that loads all the extras… was hoping your experience was the same, but it’s not.

Which is just as well, as you seem to be exercising due diligence in what you install. I know you found a cure for your problem… I was hoping to give others another option for something to check.

Thanks.

O’C

I have the problem when Creating videos for my iPod Classic that the compression settings dont seem to work. like I choose 400MBs for Dane Cook Vicious Circle and ended up with a file over 2GBs

I will sometimes get the error below and it will say completed successfully even though it didn’t actually complete and will want to send an error report.

Task_2failed! Error=4(504 3 393216-1)

It always happens on the second pass and gives me a file of 0kb

ok, Looks like it works correctly if I choose 1-Pass. But I would like the higher quality of the 2-pass… any ideas?

hi,

I check the error code, it is a error return by the encode, which profile is your using, did you chang any settings ?

I am useing the default one for iPods (ipod.mpeg4). I had used it on 2 movies before the upgrade and it worked just fine on the 2-pass option. Other than that all I have changed is the sound quality to 128 and the files size to limit it to under 450MBs.