Ipod audio will not sync

vbimport

Hello everyone,

This is my first post in the forum. I am using DVD Fab Platinum 4. My wife just got me an Ipod (classic model, 80gb) for my birthday and I am trying to put some home video of our daughter that I recorded onto it from DVD. I’ve tried many settings in DVD Fab and the video comes out great, but for some reason the audio never matches up with the video, no matter how I try to adjust the settings. It seems as though the audio is ahead of the video most of the time. Has anyone else encountered this, and if so is there a way to fix it? I apologize if this is a duplicate post. Thanks,

PJ

Welcome to the Forums, and to the site!

I have only been here a short while but let me tell you that I picked up a lot just by reading, then trying some of the well informed suggestions etc.

I am having the same issue too, but what I have learned is that if you encode with 2 pass instead of one (for a higher quality) rip, it works well, audio syncs.
I have some dvds that just will not sync properly, not sure why, I have just chalked it up to the dvds. I have some dvds that full well have movies on them that aren’t even recognized by the drive.
I have gone as far as swapping drives, just one of those things.

That is where the reading comes in. I search, read, then attempt.

Do you have the latest version?

Provide us with some details like version, OS, hardware etc.

Hello and thank you for the reply. I did a search through the forums and did notice many people having this problem. I will try the adjustment for 2 passes and see if it helps. Thank you for the suggestion. I read somewhere else too that I might try making an avi out of the file first and then converting it. I’d like to try and get it done in one step though. Thanks again,

PJ

Np,
Let us know what happened.

Unfortunately it didnt work for me. But I did try converting it to a Divx file first and then converting it over to Ipod. It took longer, but it worked.

PJ