Iphone strange icon!

vbimport

I have this icon on top left of my iphone and it sucking the batty off, how can i get rid of it?

Your phone is connected to a network by way of EDGE. http://www.apple.com/iphone/how-to/#basics.status-icons

I’m not sure if you can force the phone to try to connect by way of 3G only. You will have to search the internet for a means, or wait for someone with a better knowledge of the phone to give advice. Until then, if you can afford to, enable airplane mode to turn off the cellular radio (which disables the ability to make calls, send texts, or access the internet over the cellular network).

Humm, thanks for the help :slight_smile:

What’s your phone model (2G, 3G, 3GS), and the firmware version?

I would think there are other things draining the battery more than an EDGE connection: do you have lots of apps that use location services, or push notifications? Check to see how frequently your phone checks email accounts, or OTA calendar syncs. Remember games are another real battery drainer…

i have 3Gs.

I called the company that i am subscribed to and they solved me the problem.

indeed, Apps with location service drain battery so much, thanks for the help :slight_smile:

No problem: glad it is sorted :). BTW what did your network subscriber do…? It might help others if you could briefly let us know.

Sure thing :), i have called the company and told them that i want to unsubscribe with the EDGE network, they simply asked from my mobile number to unsubscribe me, that is all.

[QUOTE=bozee33;2494805]Sure thing :), i have called the company and told them that i want to unsubscribe with the EDGE network, they simply asked from my mobile number to unsubscribe me, that is all.[/QUOTE]

I wonder how…:eek:

[QUOTE=Illuminatus;2498040]I wonder how…:eek:[/QUOTE]

Unsubscribing from the network (service from the carrier) will cancel the cellular data network between any mobile and the carrier.

[QUOTE=OwaziO;2498043]Unsubscribing from the network (service from the carrier) will cancel the cellular data network between any mobile and the carrier.[/QUOTE]

That is why I asked. It means you have a toaster in your hand instead of a mobile phone.