Iphone 7 no phone jk

vbimport

Some times even smart companies make stupid mistakes not having a phone jack will stop a lot of people like me from not going to I phone 7

[QUOTE=samlar;2780454]http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/06/technology/apple-iphone-7-event-what-to-expect/index.html

Some times even smart companies make stupid mistakes not having a phone jack will stop a lot of people like me from not going to I phone 7[/QUOTE]
It being done to make it waterproof. It comes with Bluetooth earpods.:iagree:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2780458]It being done to make it waterproof. It comes with Bluetooth earpods.:iagree:[/QUOTE]

Hmm, unless it means I can go swimming with it, that is a so so argument since the phone usually does not stand on its edge with the headphone jack pointing up in the air outdoors (and even if, you can get the jack internal cage waterproof and sealed off from the rest of the phone, but that would mean spending money instead of cutting cost).
What it means is less freedom of choice for the earpods for the casual user. Bluetooth is integrated in all phones and so hardly any news.

We heard this argument for not putting in USB on iPad way back as well, explaining less functionality and in reality an inferior product that way is only too typical for the holy chuch of Apple, but only the disciples of the new religious movement buy into it :bigsmile:

i had read that there was sensor in the ipad iphone ear jacks that when it turned blue was an indication that water had gotten inside

[QUOTE=alan1476;2780458]It being done to make it waterproof. It comes with Bluetooth earpods.:iagree:[/QUOTE]

Hmmm…I have a Note 7 that is “waterproof” (actually they are both water resistant) and it has a huge stylus pen stored in the phone body which is also water resistant. That reason just doesn’t fly and if it is the real reason then Apple needs to steal some Samsung engineers to design their phones.

Also, from what I have read the Bluetooth earpods cost an additional $150-$200. It does ship with a lightning to headphone adapter. Then lets no forget all the Apple “tax” they will collect for licensing etc. from the third party vendors.

I won’t be too surprised if the headphone jack reappears on the next iPhone as I think this will go over like a lead balloon.

[QUOTE=samlar;2780454]Some times even smart companies make stupid mistakes not having a phone jack will stop a lot of people like me from not going to I phone 7[/QUOTE]

I see this as a sign of Apple’s arrogance in thinking that they can re-define a market segment to the benefit of their bottom line. This is all just a ploy to extract more money from their customer base.

I love the fact that they say it takes “courage” to make this move and remove the headphone jack. When all it is, in fact, is a method to charge outrageous prices for accessories. Their new wireless earbuds (Airpods) will be $159, and will work with the new phones, but no info yet if they will work with regular Bluetooth.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2780527]I love the fact that they say it takes “courage” to make this move and remove the headphone jack. When all it is, in fact, is a method to charge outrageous prices for accessories. Their new wireless earbuds (Airpods) will be $159, and will work with the new phones, but no info yet if they will work with regular Bluetooth.[/QUOTE]

It is probably irrelevant whether they will work with regular Bluetooth because everyone else HAS A HEADPHONE JACK to use!!! LOL! I am curious to know WWSJHD (What Would Steve Jobs Have Done) regarding the headphone jack.

Also, what is an iPhone 7 owner to do if they want to listen to music with conventional headphones AND charge their phone at the same time through the lightning connector?

[QUOTE=UTR;2780526]I see this as a sign of Apple’s arrogance in thinking that they can re-define a market segment to the benefit of their bottom line. This is all just a ploy to extract more money from their customer base.[/QUOTE]No that is a Fact forget the Loyal Apple users let’s string them up fast as we can.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2780527]I love the fact that they say it takes “courage” to make this move and remove the headphone jack. When all it is, in fact, is a method to charge outrageous prices for accessories. Their new wireless earbuds (Airpods) will be $159, and will work with the new phones, but no info yet if they will work with regular Bluetooth.[/QUOTE]Courage would be lowering the price to 300 not 700 for the phone that would sell far better. It’s just a way to gouge Loyal customers whom will think twice hey Android is better.

[QUOTE=UTR;2780534]It is probably irrelevant whether they will work with regular Bluetooth because everyone else HAS A HEADPHONE JACK to use!!! LOL! I am curious to know WWSJHD (What Would Steve Jobs Have Done) regarding the headphone jack.

Also, what is an iPhone 7 owner to do if they want to listen to music with conventional headphones AND charge their phone at the same time through the lightning connector?[/QUOTE]
They will make you buy a Apple 600 passive charger to charge your phone that is what they will do. Again strikes to We no longer want your patronage we just want your money. Seems like the time of Apple innovations and listening to Loyal customers is long gone now. And going down the path of Windows 10. Ramrod time…
Steve would fire the current CEO for stupidity.