iPhone 6 Plus specs versus Samsung Galaxy Note 4, LG G3: 'Phablets' compared

vbimport

The days of Android fanboys and fangirls mercilessly mocking the 4-inch Apple iPhone screen are over. The 5.5-inch Apple iPhone 6 Plus (and to a lesser extent the 4.7-inch iPhone 6) smash the iPhone screen record, and in doing so, start competing toe-to-toe with today’s top big-screen phones.

LG’s 5.5-inch G3 and Samsung’s freshly unveiled Galaxy Note 4 (and kooky Note 4 Edge) rise to the top in terms of stature and specs. Here’s how Apple’s iPhone 6 Plus compares.

Link: http://www.cnet.com/news/iphone-6-plus-specs-versus-samsung-galaxy-note-4-lg-g3/

:cool::cool:

I would like to see a in-depth comparison review about those 3…:iagree::stuck_out_tongue:

I upgraded to the LG G3 and can attest to it being one heck of a smart phone. The screen is incredible, it is faster than a scalded rabbit and the LG version of KitKat is simple and straightforward without a lot of bloat installed. The 13mp camera is very nice with a laser focusing system, optical image stabilization, and a dual LED flash that really helps with accurate color retention on flash photos. I went into the AT&T store fully expecting to walk out with a Galaxy S5 but the G3 won me over pretty fast. I really like the curved back of the G3 as it makes the phone feel much smaller in my hand. I also like the location of the volume and power buttons in the middle of the backside of the phone as it makes manipulation of these controls very easy. Little things like being able to snap a photo using a few key words like “cheese” etc. is very convenient. Also, once again, the clarity of the display is fantastic. The difference is noticeable between the G3 and my wife’s year old LG with about the same size 1080p screen.

Although I am not a fan of Apple, I really think they have underwhelmed many with the hardware of the 6 and 6+ phones. An 8mp camera? Only 16gb of memory? A 1080p screen on their flagship model? No memory card slot? I just expected the hardware to be more than this. Much of what is in these phones is 2 year old tech. That 8mp camera is 4 year old tech in many ways.

I do think Apple’s software is top notch but still not head and shoulders above Android phones. Plus, Apple is eating a lot of crow with these new phablets they are promoting. They spent years making fun of the very phones they are now emulating. If these new iPhones are an indicator of post Jobs Apple products, then I wonder what the future holds for them. Nothing much about these phones are game changing and/or ultra innovative (or even remotely innovative for that matter).

And now that they’ve broken the 5" barrier I hear they’re also going to release the 3.7" iPhone 6 mini…:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2737017]And now that they’ve broken the 5" barrier I hear they’re also going to release the 3.7" iPhone 6 mini…:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Don’t forget the iWatch as it is the ultimate screen shrink. Another product from Apple that underwhelms me. I got rid of my wrist watch years ago and don’t want to see it back in any form or function.

All these new phone suck next to the new OPPO Find 7 Smartphone, not many people have heard of it, OPPO makes Bluray Players also. The new OPPO Smartphone make them all look like 2008 phones.
See the world in a way like never before through a remarkable 5.5” Quad HD screen. With a 2560 x 1440 resolution and 538 PPI display, you’ll have the highest resolution available at your fingertips.

http://global.oppo.com/en/products/find7/

I don’t see a whole lot with that Oppo 7 phone that is head and shoulders above the LG G3. I would say they are about even with some specs being a little better for each phone. It looks like they both have the same screen and even the same curved backside. Pricing looks similar too.

I’m not quite sure whether I’ll go 5"+ with my next phone as I’d like it to fit comfortably in my pocket. :wink:

I am curious to see the spec of is the upcoming Nexus, which rumours seem to indicate that it will be a leap over pretty much everything out there. But if it’s going to be about 6" as rumours suggest, it’s far too big for me.

My budget is around €300, which rules out the majority of flagship phones. But then again, the main things I’m interested in are reasonably quick performance (I don’t play games), good camera, not bloated with apps I don’t use (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and decent screen size, i.e. ~4.5". The LG G2 Mini would probably do me as my next phone, but I’ll likely wait until January.

I know some seem to indicate that iPhone stuck with 8 Megapixel to get the best compromise between quality and resolution. But from a quick check at GSM Arena’s comparison tool, even the LG G2 Mini (priced at ~€200) clearly captures more detail in photos and less motion blur in video than the iPhone 5s (iPhone 6 not tested yet):

As for why I buy the phone upfront… I spend roughly €10 a month on my prepay phone, mostly on data between apps and using my phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot.

[QUOTE=UTR;2737043]I don’t see a whole lot with that Oppo 7 phone that is head and shoulders above the LG G3. I would say they are about even with some specs being a little better for each phone. It looks like they both have the same screen and even the same curved backside. Pricing looks similar too.[/QUOTE]
Its head and shoulders above every phone on the market today and on the horizon.
1.See the world in a way like never before through a remarkable 5.5” Quad HD screen. With a [B]2560 x 1440[/B] resolution and 538 PPI display, you’ll have the highest resolution available at your fingertips.
2.Using Gorilla Glass 3, the Find 7’s screen is not only tough, but it also sees a 40% improvement in strength compared to those without Touch-on-Lens technology.
With the Find 7’s [B]13-megapixel camera[/B], you’ll capture crisp photos with ease.
Equipped with the latest generation stacked IMX214 CMOS sensor by Sony, upgraded type 1/3.06 imaging module and a wide f/2.0 aperture that allows more light in, so you can take great photos even in low light conditions. With a 32 second long exposure, you can take crystal clear night shots.
Built in HDR hardware guarantees a flawless photo every time.
Create your own GIF animations and share them with friends and families.
[B]Higher Resolution[/B]

[B]Incredible video at 4K resolution[/B] with HDR and slow motion capabilities.
Shoot 50-megapixel photos with the Ultra-HD " multi-shot feature."
While in “Ultra-HD” mode, the Find 7 is able to focus in on more details. This is accomplished by taking ten photos at the backend with just the press of a button, it will then automatically create and combine them into a 50 megapixel photo. Perfect for high quality prints.

No other Smartphone in the world can match these specs right now.

Its head and shoulders above every phone on the market today and on the horizon.

Fanboy!!! :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

Seriously speaking,it’s a nice smartphone…I’ve read some reviews about it,and it seems that,although there are a few weak points,it can hold it’s stand against some more expensive competitors…:clap:

But I wonder if there will be an OS update,as it’s still on 4.3…:confused:

Alan, I am not trying to take a crap on the Oppo but it specs very close to the G3. The G3 has:

[I]5.5” 2560x1440 (QuadHD) IPS LCD w/ 100% sRGB

Gorilla Glass III

13 mp camera w/ laser focusing, OIS, dual flash, 120 Slo-Mo video, 4k video, HDR, Magic Focus (allows focus point to be set after photo is taken)

Wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac + BT 4.0, USB2.0, GPS/GNSS, DLNA, NFC

Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 (MSM8974) 4 x Krait 400 at 2.5GHz
Adreno 330 at 578MHz

3000 mAh (11.4Whr)

Android 4.4.2[/I]

There are some minor differences in the specs but not much, IMO. I have been using the G3 for a couple of weeks and it has been very impressive. The laser focusing of the camera is very nice as it, and the OIS, allows low light photos to be taken quickly and with good quality. The dual flash noticeably improves the color accuracy of flash photos. Overall, it is a very good phone so far. Granted, I came from a Windows Phone so it wouldn’t take much to impress me.

One thing I learned about the iPhone consumers, is that they are very delusional. You’re not gonna succeed on convincing them to go android. No matter how hard you try.

[QUOTE=Macrovision3500;2737050] You’re not gonna succeed on convincing them to go android. No matter how hard you try.[/QUOTE]

If they are die-hard Iphone users,better leave them alone…making them switch to a real manageable and configurable OS would only cause confusion and frustration amongst them…:bigsmile::bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Macrovision3500;2737050]One thing I learned about the iPhone consumers, is that they are very delusional. You’re not gonna succeed on convincing them to go android. No matter how hard you try.[/QUOTE]

No argument here. :iagree:

I don’t know if they are delusional but they will defend Apple until their last breath.

I would doubt I’ll buy an iPhone 6. I don’t mind IOS (I have an ipad) buy for a phone I prefer Android.

From what I’ve read about the Nexus 6, it will be based on a Motorola, and will be powered by a Krait 450 quad core CPU clocked at 2.7GHz with 3GB of RAM. Graphics by an Adreno 420.

The screen will be 5.2 inch with 1440x2560 pixels resolution (565 ppi pixel density).

Same res as the OPPO Dee. Looks great. as does the LG3. :flower:

Going by this article, the iPhone 6 beats its larger Plus model in Geekbench 3.1 by a fair margin, i.e. 1627 single core and 2920 multi-core compared to 1481 and 2662 for the iPhone 6 Plus.

Their prices are quite interesting. Most people I know like prefer to pay the minimum upfront cost, even if the monthly cost is more. In this case, O2 has the lowest upfront cost of €59.99 on a €70/month plan with a 24-month contract. With a little math, by the end of the contract, the customer will have paid at least €1740. :eek:

Apple sells the iPhone 6 16GB model for €699 and the Plus model for €799. If you’d like the 128GB model, just add €200. Considering 128GB MicroSD cards cost around €90, it’s no wonder the iPhone lacks a memory card slot.

I wonder if the next iPhone will have a model that finally breaks the €1000 barrier…

Going by this article on ZD Net, the iPhone 6 Plus costs $215 to build, but sells for $749 off-contract in the US.

A pretty nice profit margin indeed for Apple.

[QUOTE=Seán;2737650]
A pretty nice profit margin indeed for Apple.[/QUOTE]

What a surprise!!;):disagree::disagree:
As long as people want to pay extra money for a name/hype,Apple will get easy money…:bigsmile: