iPhone 4 support

vbimport

I noticed in the release notes for dvdFab 7.0.7.0 that support was added for the iPhone 4. My iPhone 4 will be here thursday and I would like to be able to add some videos to it when I sync it. the iPhone 4’s screen resolution is 960 X 640 I do not see any profile’s under the iPhone that make use of the entire screen. Please help. I am not sure what to do, with previous iPhones it was easy, there was a size that made use of the entire screen, the closest I saw was 720 X 404 under iPod.mpeg4. I need these automatic profiles, cause I am not technically inclined enough to make my own.

[QUOTE=shutter113;2526415]I noticed in the release notes for dvdFab 7.0.7.0 that support was added for the iPhone 4. My iPhone 4 will be here thursday and I would like to be able to add some videos to it when I sync it. the iPhone 4’s screen resolution is 960 X 640 I do not see any profile’s under the iPhone that make use of the entire screen. Please help. I am not sure what to do, with previous iPhones it was easy, there was a size that made use of the entire screen, the closest I saw was 720 X 404 under iPod.mpeg4. I need these automatic profiles, cause I am not technically inclined enough to make my own.[/QUOTE]

Hi shutter113
Welcome to the DVDFab forum at MyCE :flower:

According to the iPhone4.h264 profile it has a max size of [B]960x640[/B] so I’m sure you’ll find it is what your looking for, You will want to open DVD to Mobile go to iPad option, in Profiles dropdown window you will see “iPhone.h264” That’s the one
and if you select this profile, and open “Edit” on a top part you’ll see description of profile :wink:

Thanks, I have now found that profile but the largest frame size I see is 848 X 352.

[QUOTE=shutter113;2526421]Thanks, I have now found that profile but the largest frame size I see is 848 X 352.[/QUOTE]

This is the iPhone4.h264 profile…

<profile name=“iPhone.h264” version=“200” device=“ipad” tag=“dvdfab” description=“The profile is used to create mp4(h264 + aac) file, which can be played in iPhone 4.”>
<common>
<file format=“ipod_avc” mode=“0” number=“1”/>
<audio codec=“aac” channel=“2” >
<freq value=“48000” list=“48000” />
<bitrate value=“96000” list=“32000,48000,64000,96000,128000,160000” />
<volume percent=“100” />
</audio>
<video>
[B]<size list="" maxsize=“960x640”/>[/B]
<subtitle mode=“0” />
<outfps mode=“3” list=“23.976,24,25,29.97,30” />
<encode codec=“h264” bitrate_kbps=“2000” maxbitrate_kbps=“5000” >
<mode value=“real_time” list=“real_time, high_quality” />
</encode>
</video>
</common>
<acodec name=“faac”>
<common profile=“1” quality=“100” />
</acodec>
<vcodec name=“h264”>
<generic profile=“0” level=“13” />
</vcodec>
</profile>

I see that, and it is on my profile, if I view it in notepad, but I have yet to find a video (either as a file on my computer, or as a dvd) that gives me the option to go to 960 in width.

[QUOTE=shutter113;2526455]I see that, and it is on my profile, if I view it in notepad, but I have yet to find a video (either as a file on my computer, or as a dvd) that gives me the option to go to 960 in width.[/QUOTE]

You can add the 960x640 by doing the following…

open DVD to Mobile go to iPad option, in Profiles dropdown window you will see “iPhone.h264” That’s the one you want
and if you select this profile, and click on “Edit”, now just under the choices of resolutions there is a button called “Video Effect Settings” if you click on it you will be given the option for “Customized Size” where you can add the 960x640 :wink:

please note that when adding a custom resolution size the other sizes will or may be removed so you may have to enter those size manually by using the add feature…so write them down prior to adding the 960x640 :wink:

Hi rosariorose9

Since your issue is not related to shutters I have moved your posts along with my replies to you in this thread to your thread in the mobile sub forum any other communications for your issue needs to be done there, thank you…

[B]SJ[/B]

FYI - I used the above suggestion (for fun) and I got a 1.86G file that took 2 hours to render.

Looks like I will be using the normal iphone output (making it full screen by tapping the upper right hand corner of the iphone during playback) to make it full screen. File size is a bit more manageable at 600M, and the quality is OK (for now).

Any other iphone 4 owners want to chime in?

[QUOTE=shootsbooz;2528057]FYI - I used the above suggestion (for fun) and I got a 1.86G file that took 2 hours to render.

Looks like I will be using the normal iphone output (making it full screen by tapping the upper right hand corner of the iphone during playback) to make it full screen. File size is a bit more manageable at 600M, and the quality is OK (for now).

Any other iphone 4 owners want to chime in?[/QUOTE]

– edit –

Wow. It’s such a beautiful image. Even though it’s big and it takes long – what a great way to show off the new iphone!